Topic: Easy chords to All Along The Watchtower

Hey Gang

Just looked up the chords and they change so fast, I can't keep up. Don't suppose there's an easier way?

Like maybe in E? smile

As Stephen King wrote in his latest novel: "All that sh** starts in E."

Thanks!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Easy chords to All Along The Watchtower

Try Bob Dylans version as well as some others who have done it and look it up on youtube!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks Dino, I did find an easier way: Am, G and F. It's on Munsonmusic - YouTube. The Dylan version is what threw me. There's also one with capo on the 4th fret - same chords. I'm gonna try 'em both.

Thanks, my friend!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

I 've  done  the  U2 version for  years  all  bar chords  Bm Am Gm works  for  me and the  solo  flows  well with  these  chords, theres  a  clip at  the  end  of  this  short vid  of  our concert  in Crete .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-4nBCm … mp;index=2

5 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-06-28 23:25:00)

I went and took a look Grah, and left a note for you. As I said in the note, you really make it all look so easy!

Thanks for the link! Pretty lady, too. Did y'all harmonize on the "Colored Girls go..... doo-dootie-doo's"? smile

I have the true stereo version of that tune and it just completely knocks me out when I hear that part. smile

When the guy started singing the Greek version of "Watchtower" I was a bit taken aback, but then you took it and I was "home" again!

Continue to be well, my friend and keep making that great sound.

Your Bud,

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Thanks Dino, I did find an easier way: Am, G and F. It's on Munsonmusic - YouTube. The Dylan version is what threw me. There's also one with capo on the 4th fret - same chords. I'm gonna try 'em both.

Thanks, my friend!

Bill

Those are the one's Dylan uses and hendrix as well.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

You're right, my friend --- those are the chords, but the changes are too fast for me. I'm not sure, but I'm thinking I could leave one of those fast-changes out and stay with the one before it. Is that possible? F to Am is where my problem lies. Not the chords - those I can do - but the speed at which they change. A chord per word, almost. smile

Thanks for the correction, Dino

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Hi Bill glad you liked it basicaly Elpida and Kev did the do do harmonies most times it goes a bit high for me

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

You're right, my friend --- those are the chords, but the changes are too fast for me. I'm not sure, but I'm thinking I could leave one of those fast-changes out and stay with the one before it. Is that possible? F to Am is where my problem lies. Not the chords - those I can do - but the speed at which they change. A chord per word, almost. smile

Thanks for the correction, Dino

Bill

Bill you can make it your song you can go slower or faster,and also try it without using the f chord all the time.

I'll do that. Thanks my friend! smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass