Topic: Hey, [b]Cocktails For Two[/b]?

If I may be so bold and speak for all of us on the forums, "WELCOME" and now get to work teaching us something! smile You don't have to ask if it's okay for a newbie to post something - you're encouraged to. smile

We're very well-moderated here and want to hear from you.

All the best

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Hey, [b]Cocktails For Two[/b]?

After his remark I wrote to him as that was his 24th post. After 25 he loses the 'Junior' bit and becomes a 'Member', so maybe he will feel freer to speak out then, but I think he was just being polite really.

Everyone in encouraged to participate be they a 'newbie' or an 'old hand' around a fretboard smile.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I was pretty quiet for awhile when I first joined. I felt that most of the regular posters were pro or semi-pro. Now I know they are but it doesn't seem to matter. There's a very friendly group here and I'm looking forward to meeting a few more this year.

The all boys club was even nice to me when I started, worried about taking nail clippers to my beautiful nails.  big_smile  Here I am, all moderatorish and stuff now.  Jump right in!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

5 (edited by Cocktailsfor2 2015-07-01 15:31:21)

Thanks, all !

Roger is right about my initial reticence - some boards are kinda insular (not that I thought that of yunz), and I was primarily trying to be polite and not to "stick my nose where it ain't wanted," if you can understand how I might feel about that - you'll notice that in many of the threads I commented, there was either no response to my comment (though there was to other comments posted after mine), or mine ended up being the threadkiller.

All that said, thanks for the welcome, and I'm glad to be here! I will post up a little bio, and maybe some music (once I figger out some things)...

Cheers,

Cocktailsfor2

P.S. - most folks just refer to me as Cocktails, or 'tails...

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

OK 'tails,

You now you are a Member perhaps you can relax a bit smile

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Cocktailsfor2 wrote:

Thanks, all !

Roger is right about my initial reticence - some boards are kinda insular (not that I thought that of yunz), and I was primarily trying to be polite and not to "stick my nose where it ain't wanted," if you can understand how I might feel about that - you'll notice that in many of the threads I commented, there was either no response to my comment (though there was to other comments posted after mine), or mine ended up being the threadkiller.

Yeah I've been meaning to talk to you about that "Threadkiller"..... smile

It happens that if your comment pretty much "says it all" folks either agree, or might have something to add.  But if it is the former and answers the question or topic, you done good!  So feel good about it.

Welcome Aboard!

Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Chime in any time on any subject. We will join you.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Roger Guppy wrote:

OK 'tails,

You now you are a Member perhaps you can relax a bit smile

Roger

Oh, don't worry, amigo - I'm relaxed

RIP Bowie

Anyone catch my little "joke" in the OP subject line?

I was trying to "bold" 'Tails' name (didn't work).

And then wrote, "If I may be so bold!"

Anyway, whenever you're ready, Mr. 'Tails. smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Welcome to chordie 'tails - you wont find a friendlier group than the folks who post here I assure you. Please chime in whenever it fancies you

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

And then wrote, "If I may be so bold!" smile

D'oh!

That one went right over my head, man...

RIP Bowie

topdown wrote:

Welcome to chordie 'tails - you wont find a friendlier group than the folks who post here I assure you. Please chime in whenever it fancies you

The only real problem we have around here is this one guy who lives in Florida and insists on posting pictures of beach sunsets all February.  Otherwise, it's a great group.  I have yet to meet a Chordian in person that I didn't like.  I even like their wives and husband and dogs and kids and father-in-laws and all of it.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

The only real problem we have around here is this one guy who lives in Florida and insists on posting pictures of beach sunsets all February...

Well, if'n I still lived in Chicago, that might get to me, too, but my wife & I moved to Northern California (her for the first time, me for the second) last October, so...

RIP Bowie

Zurf wrote:

The only real problem we have around here is this one guy who lives in Florida and insists on posting pictures of beach sunsets all February.

Yeah, but I only do that to entice all chordians to come to chordiestock in March where I am happy to put them up, feed them and make sure no one goes thirsty!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

And then wrote, "If I may be so bold!"

Anyway, whenever you're ready, Mr. 'Tails. smile

bill, nothing kills a joke like having to explain it. i love it when i have to do it. i often find that i'm the only one laughing at my gags

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

18 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-07-02 19:57:08)

You are correct Sir! smile

I used to do simple magic for my pediatric patients and would always break my number one magician's rule to never reveal a trick when I'd tell a parent how to do them. In all fairness to me though, they all professed an interest, so what was I gonna do, Phill?

And yeah, I dream about ("Oh, NO! NOT another 'dream' thread?!!", I hear y'all saying. smile ) some old radio gags I used to do, back in the day. And I'd either have to explain or apologize to the audience for them.

Here's a VERY short one:

On-Air DJ to Talk Show Host Bill just before my air time:  "What's that you're doing, Bill?"

Bill, chewing on a sandwich: "I'm masticating, Bob"!

Of course y'all know what that sounded like on the radio, right?

That was one I both had to explain and apologize for. wink

Really pushed the ol' envelope in those days, I did.

Bill

EDITED TO ADD: One of my simple magic tricks for the kiddos: http://www.amazon.com/Royal-Magic-Color … B000SMNCQE

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

i used to do the one that goes;

there's 2 kids and the girl says "ooh, there's a condom under that radiator."
the boy says looking puzzled " whats a radiator?"

my wife puts her head in her hands and i just crack-up, it's not the joke it's the way my audience shake their heads and tut, tut.

21 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-07-03 01:26:56)

Phill Williams wrote:

i used to do the one that goes;

there's 2 kids and the girl says "ooh, there's a condom under that radiator."
the boy says looking puzzled " whats a radiator?"

my wife puts her head in her hands and i just crack-up, it's not the joke it's the way my audience shake their heads and tut, tut.

Kinda philosophical in a way, Phill. A statement on the times, as it were. smile

I think Peter got it right away as well, by his comment! wink

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Zurf wrote:

...I have yet to meet a Chordian in person that I didn't like.  I even like their wives and husband and dogs and kids and father-in-laws and all of it.

Well, you haven't met my in-laws yet - we're all (me, wife, mother- father- brother-in-law) vacationing in Yosemite right now, and my mother-in-law - while a dandy guitar player & singer - has been driving everyone up the wall the entire time. She used to be a fairly "normal-ish" person, but now is such a bundle of neuroses that we're all about ready to take her up to Yosemite Falls and...

RIP Bowie

Yup ... this here's a great group of folks, 'tails. I've been a member for 2 1/2 years now, and being involved has been a tremendous blessing to me. There's a ton of knowledge wealth among the membership, and a LOT of guitar issues I've mentioned have been very thoroughly dealt with.

Cocktailsfor2 wrote:
Zurf wrote:

...I have yet to meet a Chordian in person that I didn't like.  I even like their wives and husband and dogs and kids and father-in-laws and all of it.

Well, you haven't met my in-laws yet - we're all (me, wife, mother- father- brother-in-law) vacationing in Yosemite right now, and my mother-in-law - while a dandy guitar player & singer - has been driving everyone up the wall the entire time. She used to be a fairly "normal-ish" person, but now is such a bundle of neuroses that we're all about ready to take her up to Yosemite Falls and...

you aint met my MIL(stone) which you should be thankful for, she passed on last year and she used to be the life and soul of any gathering till alzheimer's set in. before that  she would do anything for a laugh, but such a pain in the car, she'd actually cross everything, legs, fingers, eyes everything and she'd be praying all the time and i'm the safest driver i know...honest. my FIL (father in law) was a cornet player and after he retired he bought an organ and taught himself to play it to entertain the crumblies at the local old folks home, sadly, he's no longer with us either.

My condolences for your in-laws, Phill - sounds like they were wonderful people to be around.

I wish I could say the same for my in-laws - hell, they drive my lovely missus bonkers, and they're her parents!
The redeeming factor is that they live about as far away from us as they possibly can - they're in NY, we are in CA (opposite coasts, but that won't stop 'em as long as there're airplanes flying - ha!)... Phew!

RIP Bowie