Topic: members

so what determines member status? I just noticed that my profile says member  now . I missed it when it changed from Jr. member. I see some that are Sr. members and honored members. is there a criteria for advancement or do the chordie royalty arbitrarily  bestow titles and knight hood to favored members (joking here) just curious

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Re: members

I think it simply has something to do with the total number of posts.

mojo01 wrote:

so what determines member status? I just noticed that my profile says member  now . I missed it when it changed from Jr. member. I see some that are Sr. members and honored members. is there a criteria for advancement or do the chordie royalty arbitrarily  bestow titles and knight hood to favored members (joking here) just curious

Hi mojo, 100 posts = senior member,1000 posts and up you become and stay a Honered member.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks Dino

All new participants are 'Junior Members' until they reach 25 posts and then become a 'Member'. Dino has listed the other changes.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

mojo01 wrote:

do the chordie royalty arbitrarily  bestow titles and knight hood to favored members (joking here) just curious

Mods are paid in imaginary dill pickles, so once in a while when we get a particularly SWEET pickle, we may feel tickled to arbitrarily bestow titles and knightood to the occasional honored member.  There are a few floating around that you might see that are not listed as "honored" but have some weird title, and they are not moderators.  tongue

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

mekidsmom wrote:
mojo01 wrote:

do the chordie royalty arbitrarily  bestow titles and knight hood to favored members (joking here) just curious

Mods are paid in imaginary dill pickles, so once in a while when we get a particularly SWEET pickle, we may feel tickled to arbitrarily bestow titles and knightood to the occasional honored member.  There are a few floating around that you might see that are not listed as "honored" but have some weird title, and they are not moderators.  tongue

so your saying there is a chance I could be knighted Sir Mojo lord of mediocre guitar and song writing ? and all I need to is slip some one a sweet pickle? hhmmm that just don't sound right

Uh...yeah.  Pretty much.  The pickle has to be particularly sweet and it has to be imaginary, but otherwise you got it.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Well, I don't know about anybody else, but I can imagine a pretty sweet pickle...

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

It would have to be one of the best Gherkins in all the land, theoretically.  Oh and Mojo, I think that title would be too long.  tongue

mekidsmom wrote:

It would have to be one of the best Gherkins in all the land, theoretically.  Oh and Mojo, I think that title would be too long.  tongue

with apologies to Mekidsmom and anyone else who may be offended by the senseless  abuse of innocent and defenseless pickles I am truly sorry well mildly sorry ok im just sorry ,couldn't help myself had to do it

(G) well my name may never(C) be up in lights
(D)and I may never play in the (G)bars at night

and this song may never make me a plugged nickel
but ill get my title for the price of a pickle

this song may never be a rock classic
but ill keep the crowd happy when I play on my vlasic

my music may not keep me a working
but I don't care when im playing my gherkin

as I got older I gave up the pills
the vice I cant kick seems to be dills

before someone says my pickles to long
ill bring an end to this stupid song

12 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-07-02 16:12:46)

Give him a title! Give him a title!!! I can't stop laffin', here! smile smile smile

Needs a bridge though, Mo'! wink

Welcome!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

mojo01 wrote:
mekidsmom wrote:

with apologies to Mekidsmom and anyone else who may be offended by the senseless  abuse of innocent and defenseless pickles I am truly sorry well mildly sorry ok im just sorry ,couldn't help myself had to do it

(G) well my name may never(C) be up in lights
(D)and I may never play in the (G)bars at night

and this song may never make me a plugged nickel
but ill get my title for the price of a pickle

this song may never be a rock classic
but ill keep the crowd happy when I play on my vlasic

my music may not keep me a working
but I don't care when im playing my gherkin

as I got older I gave up the pills
the vice I cant kick seems to be dills
before someone says my pickles to long
ill bring an end to this stupid song

All original songs should be posted in the songwriting section according to Chordie guidelines.
😁...
Well...maybe
The only pickle worth eating here in the UK is "Branston" IMHO.

to strummer Bill your right, but this just kind of came together pretty fast, in fact it was written in the post a message box . is that a first?

To Arklady,  teacher I am fully aware of the rules cause everybody knows pickles aint allowed in school. how ever  it just would not have had the dramatic effect I was looking for posted in the song writing section. I humbly seek your forgiveness and will repost it in the proper location or put it back in the pickle jar and delete it . what ever is the pleasure of the ambient moderator

15 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-07-02 18:25:22)

It's ArkADY, Mo'!  Pretty sure he's a guy! wink

OCD Bill. smile

ETA: I'm also pretty sure it's not a first, sorry! smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

mojo01 wrote:

To Arklady,  teacher I am fully aware of the rules cause everybody knows pickles aint allowed in school. how ever  it just would not have had the dramatic effect I was looking for posted in the song writing section. I humbly seek your forgiveness and will repost it in the proper location or put it back in the pickle jar and delete it . what ever is the pleasure of the ambient moderator

Arklady accepts your apology but reposting won't be necessary this time and Ms forgives you..😀😀😀
Joe I liked your pickle song and the dramatic effect was stop on..
Well done
ark.  Aka Tony

I can't keep up. I'm still learning how to shuck & silk, and already you've moved on to pickles and gherkins. Is their anything I need to know about them?

Thick as two short planks

keepitreal wrote:

I can't keep up. I'm still learning how to shuck & silk, and already you've moved on to pickles and gherkins. Is their anything I need to know about them?

Keepitreal ,no need to keep up and nothing to learn here just kick back and enjoy your pickle

Gee, mister mojo, I guess it appears
you're rather adept at writin' 'bout spears

(...just keepin' it Kosher - it's not my bread and butter...)

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

I think we got us some comics onboard, "Chordites".

I'm seeing them as The Chordies' opening act by playing comedy songs and then joining the rest of us for the concert! smile

Yeah, I know: "Keep dreamin' Bill!"

smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

I think we got us some comics onboard, "Chordites".

I'm seeing them as The Chordies' opening act by playing comedy songs and then joining the rest of us for the concert! smile

Yeah, I know: "Keep dreamin' Bill!"

smile

Bill, cordite is appropriate seeing as  how  I have been called a social hand grenade on several occasions

Make one mistake here, and you're in a real pickle (couldn't resist).

OMG!  Every person in my house had to come in and find out why I was laughing so hard!  Thank you - all of you - for the awesome laughs!  I read through this while listening to the pickle song.  AWESOME-SAUCE!  I really RELISHED it!

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

It's ArkADY, Mo'!  Pretty sure he's a guy! wink

OCD Bill. smile

ETA: I'm also pretty sure it's not a first, sorry! smile

well pickle my cucumber and call me dill *LOL* I put on my reading glasses and Bill it would appear you are correct
my apologies to you ARKADY
i gots to be mo careful proof reading
* im getting kicked out for sure now*

keepitreal wrote:

You should know that just about anything can be pickled.  Eggs are popular in bars.  Yes, pickled hard boiled eggs.  If you pickle onions, they taste like pickles.  Oh, and you can pickle pigs feet too (but I've never tried one).  A true pickle connoisseur will be found and quite happy in NYC fishing out a fresh crunchy pickle from a barrel (garlic dills are good) - particularly, in the Jewish shops.  Dills are Kosher.  smile