Topic: ads covering page

I've used chordie on my PC for some time and never had a problem but using my tablet I'm finding that ads are covering lyrics, chords etc. Is there any way of removing them?

Re: ads covering page

Check out this thread here: http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=27231

There have been several threads covering display problems generated by Google Adsense and others.  I think Roger had mentioned holding the "shift" and reloading the page to correct some as well, but there is likely some setting change you can make on your device that will solve the problem and get the ads out of your way.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Take a screen shot and send it to admin AT chorde.com - this is an issue that he needs to sort out

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I know there are some (but not all) Android tablets having this problem. If someone send me a screenshot I will be able to fix it.

Any reports from other platforms with issues, are appreciated. Ads should not cover songs/menus.

S

admin wrote:

I know there are some (but not all) Android tablets having this problem. If someone send me a screenshot I will be able to fix it.

Any reports from other platforms with issues, are appreciated. Ads should not cover songs/menus.

I was having a helluva time the other day on my iPhone with ads in the middle of the page... specifically, I was reading the forums (or trying to read 'em...), I was not trying to access any songs, so I don't know if that counts.

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

6 (edited by Smiinjack 2015-08-02 02:37:37)

Google ads are covering the first two lines of music on my android.  Not a  problem with pc but they have made it impossible for android which is what I need to use.  Sorry to see the boys in suits messing up the arts.

This is terrible, ads covering the chords and lyrics on my Android, and you can't take them off.

Having the same problem with ads!  Hope you can fix this.  I can't see chords and lyrics on my tablet.

admin wrote:

I hope you guys have done this. Admin needs to see what is happening and know what equipment I affected to resolve it. I am afraid that just passing a comment here will not make it happen. smile

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hey Roger, can't you get a droid phone from someone and log in and fix this?  Chordie is now unusable with these ads

11 (edited by Smiinjack 2015-08-02 16:58:02)

Ads are making this website useless to Android users. There is an ad blocking my view as I type this!

Smiinjack wrote:

Hey Roger, can't you get a droid phone from someone and log in and fix this?  Chordie is now unusable with these ads

Did you miss the part about "some but not all Android devices"?  What do you suppose the odds are that one of us has the same make and model that you have sitting in a drawer somewhere so we can duplicate your problem.  Also, you mention "droid phone"..... are you using the phone app? or just hitting the webpage (which is not optimized for mobile devices)?

Screenshot, make/model, and all the info Please.

Thanks

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

I have had an i-phone, an android phone and a windows phone and given them all away as useless junk. I now have a phone that is a phone, a computer that is a computer and a camera that is a camera. They each do exactly as I want them to do, quicker, easier and with superior results than a composite item; I am a now happy man.

Roger

Adds all over music on my hudl...you can't take screen shots on hudl...where's the app for phones and tablets kept...as the only way is via googling website
Rob

Hi Rob,

OK, if you cannot take a screenshot, have you at least e-mailed 'admin' and explained the situation?

Roger

NOTE TO EVERYONE  The admin guru that sorts these thing out does not check in here every day, but he does check his e-mails daily, hence the request to e-mail him. Thank you.