Re: Surgery tomorrow

So we haven't heard anything about NELA'S surgery? Sorry, guys and lady. Not being a snoop, just wanted to know if we'd heard from our friend.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Hey Bill, Not a peep so far...... the thread got a bit off topic though.  As I recall he should have been repaired on the 30th, and expected it to be "out-patient" as in and then OUT!  Frankly, I thought that was a bit hopeful, as he's had those hernias for awhile and there might have been a little repair to the bowel to go with those staples etc.   A couple of days in the "doctor's house" for antibiotics & observation would not be out of line.

My guess is he'll be watchin' fireworks from his own porch!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

I think NELA will be happy to see that we've all been hanging out chatting about corn and world affairs in the "waiting room" while he's in with the docs.  smile  We look forward to hearing from ya NELA, when you're back to it.

Hmmm... I always thought of Greece as my salvation location should anything go awry and I need to jump country (ya know, being 1/116 Greek and all and able to properly pronounce Gyro).  Now I'll just have to plop a tent next to Roger's camper if something goes wrong.  That wouldn't be too bad I suppose.  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Sorry I am too busy clearing a space for Amy to reply.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

30 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-07-02 13:33:14)

Must feel a little like Darla of "The Little Rascals" show to you around here
sometimes, huh Amy? smile

Okay y'all, I updated my Post-It to say "wait to hear about NELA" and back it goes to the frame of my screen. smile

Thanks!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

anyone got any news on NELA yet?

Thick as two short planks

Well. I'm back but just barely. Had a rough time of everything. The hernia surgeruis were a whole lot tougher than what was expected. Instead of having only 2 areas to correct the doctor had to remove all the the scar tissue from the previous surgery, pull and sticth the muscle tissue back into place then cover with a mesh to strengthen the exposed stomach muscles. The old scar was just over 14" long and, per the doctor, was ready to completely seperate. Most of the stomach muscles were only held in place by the skin on my stomach. This surgery was done on Tuesday and I was told that after recovery I could go home after I was able to empty my bladder. That did not nappen until Wednesday afternoon. After I got home I was still in a lotta pain and started having trouble breathing. My wife brought me to the emergency room where a battery of tests was run and it was discovered that my stomach and small bowel had not "woke up" from the surgery and that there was a "gas pocket" in my stomach causing me to hurt and to have the breathing problems. So my stomach was pumped to relieave the gas pocket and I was fianlly admitted to a room at 7:00am on Thursday morning. Then things turned really bad. Thursday afternoon I told my wife that I was hot and for her to uncover my feet and legs from the bedcovers. While she was doing this I tiold her that my left foot was asleep and she replied it was freezing cold. She felt up my leg about halfway between my ankle and knee and my leg felt ok. Well a nurse happened to be standing there and heard all this. She left the room and came back with a sonagram and started listening for a pulse on my foot. This was 1:00pm. All hell broke loose, nurses started running and the next thing a trauma team was in the room. My left foot had went into temporal artery system emboletectomy. In other words I had a massave blood clot in my left leg and my foot was dying. Emergency surgery was proformed at 3:00pm and so far my foot was saved. I was released from the hospital, today, and am at home still with the belly pain but walking. I'm walking very slowly but I am walking. My doctors are amazed that I could have a blood clot in my leg the size I had without any pain but I never felt anything. Anyway, I'm hurting, I'm tired but I'm back.

Nela

WOW! So sorry to hear this.

Lots of rest and you'll up and dancing before you know it.  smile

Hope things soon get better ,stomach surgery is very uncomfortable ,it is two months now since mine and I still feel discomfort ,just take it easy and get well ,each day you will feel a litle beter.

My goodness you have had a very rough few days but looks like you have turned the corner. Wishing you a speedy recovery (but do not try and do too much too fast).

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Great to hear from you NELA but just take your time, theirs nothing more important than your health and wellbeing.

Ho. Lee. Shee. It.

How fortuitous that the clot in your foot was discovered and it was saved in time!

Hope you're on the mend soon.

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

Nela it has been a rough time for you. Take it easy and slow. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

So sorry you had such a rough time, NELA. Echoing what the "family" is telling you and please don't overdo. At our age, we mend a little slower than we used to, but you know that. We'll be thinking of ya' and wishing for a quick recovery! Please update us as you are able.

Bill and Dondra

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

I'll try to update l When I can. I'm sick and so giv ot

n

Take care of your self NELA.  I'm darn glad you've got such a good woman there to keep an eye on you.  I'm really sorry to hear it's been so rough.  You're in all our thoughts.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Good heavens, man ...

You've done been drug through a knot-hole sideways. I hope the docs have got you fixed up proper now, and that you can finally mend up the way things are supposed to be. Thinking of you, ol' buddy!

Hope you feel better soon .

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Its hard to keep a good man down so i think you will get through this well but slowly.
God Bless.   b

I'm getting a little stronger and haven't had a pain pill yesterday or today. Did have to have a pill to help me sleep, though. I don't know if it is just from being a  hernia surgery or the huge area the work preformed on but I don't think I've ever hurt this bad. Talking makes me cough and that hurts, getting in and out of a bed / chair hurts, walking hurts, sitting very still hurts, combing my hair hurts and we don't even want to dicuss going to the bathroom. My doctor told me to not take a bath for 10 days but one way or another I'm going to get one sooner than that. If I have to wait 10 days I'll have dingleberries as big as basket balls. Right now i"m sittin and looking out my French Doors - there's tomatoes that need picking, can't see;em but I know thee are some cucumbers that are ready, can't tell but my butter bean vines are looking good. My wife and son pulled our 1st picking of corn this weekend and got just over 300 ears. Should be about that many more by this weekend. And all I can do is sit here watch and hurt. Also, don't any of ya'll ever go into the hospital - I weighed this morning on our bathroom scale and I've gained 11 pounds. And this is without eating very much. Hope it just fluid as my feet and legs are swelled up way too big. I did take a fluid pill this morning and I think, as often as I'm having to go to the bathroom. I could put out a bigger than average forest fire if I had too.

Nela

Amazes me how you can go through so much, be in so much pain and still have a sense of humour. NELA your a star.

keepitreal wrote:

Amazes me how you can go through so much, be in so much pain and still have a sense of humour. NELA your a star.

ditto

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

48 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-07-08 00:35:40)

Man's got some stones (figuratively speaking, of course) to keep a sense of humor when it's obvious he feels like 3 pounds of sh*t in a 2 pound bag. I respect and admire you for that, my friend.

I also respect and admire your wonderful wife and son for standing in for Dad in getting the harvesting done. Here again, it shows what y'all are made of: "True Grit from Salt of the Earth" folks, to steal a couple of lines.

Don't know where you're from originally, NELA, but it sounds like to me you come from a very strong family and are no stranger to hard work, am I right?

So if you can, try to do with a sponge bath for those 10 days, buddy. Having worked in the medical field, I've seen many a patient come back for "repair work" on the surgery he or she just had because they did too much too soon. Please think about it and try not to put any kind of strain on that site, please. You don't need whatever got fixed to pull loose. Not telling you your business, ya' ol' "Ragin'Cajun", just offering a little advice, okay? smile

If they did their job right, your respiratory therapist should have given you a little apparatus called an "Incentive Spirometer" or at least taught you how to "splint" your stomach with a pillow as you practice your deep-breathing? Doing these exercises is the BEST and fastest thing you can do to get back on your feet and back playin' that "Git-Tar" and keeping us straight!

I'm gonna tell you a joke now, just to make you feel better, not to make you laugh - I'm no sadist - but get that pillow ready just in case.

You know what they say about blind prostitutes, buddy? Ya' really gotta hand it to 'em. big_smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg0BNTebcbY

Your Pal,

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Had a doctor's appointment this morning @ 9:00am to have the stitches removed from my recent hernia surgery. While having a talk with the nurse practioner I happened to tell her that I was having a lotta cramping in my right leg in the same general location of where I had the blood clot in my left leg. Without anyone looking at my stitches or even looking at my leg I was ordered to go the hospital emergency room and that "stat" orders would be called in for me to be admitted immeadiately. So I headed there and spent the whole day there. While there more blood work was done and I had another CT scan with radioactive contrast. I was discharged this afternoon and all I know they don't think there is another blood clot but something may be causing a riestriction in the blood flow to my lower right leg and foot. I never got the results of the CT scan but was made very comfortable when told that they would call if they found something. So now I'm sitting at home, my leg is still hurting and all I got is another perscription for some pain pills. Oh, and I have to make another appointment to have my stitches removed.

Nela

50 (edited by Cocktailsfor2 2015-07-10 02:30:38)

Goodness gracious - it never rains but it pours.

Sending good juju your way.

Cocktailsfor2

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie