Topic: beatles conspiracy

there have been lots of beatles conspiracies, not least the one about the replacement paul. mine i think is nearer the realm of reality.

it concerns the drum solo on abbey road... i just cant believe it's ringo playing it. there are so many reports by the other beatles that paul would hang around after sessions and re-do ringo's drum parts. they all agree that ringo plays a mean "rock steady" beat, but never a mention of a drum solo. george martin commented that if ringo put in a drum fill he would half the beat!
paul plays drums on many of his solo records, especially when wings were left in the lurch on the band on the run album. mccartney is an accomplished drummer. therefore i submit that it is paul not ringo that plays the solo on "carry that wieght". what do you think?

phill, a life-long beatles fan

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: beatles conspiracy

Phill
I read some where that Ringo did it,but begrudgeingly.
He hates drum solos.
Hey Phill i see our song`sad clown` doing great on Soundcloud.

The King Of Audio Torture

3 (edited by dino48 2015-07-10 00:42:44)

easybeat wrote:

Phill
He hates drum solos.

Ringo is a good drummer if you go and look at the concert for Bangladesh you will see he is very good as they show him playing with another drummer. I do think Ringo was the one too do the solo.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:
easybeat wrote:

Phill
He hates drum solos.

Ringo is a good drummer if you go and look at the concert for Bangladesh you will see he is very good as they show him playing with another drummer. I do think Ringo was the one too do the solo.

thanks, but i have to say that it was jim (TIGLJK) that wrote the words, i just added my take on the music and voice and stuff. it is jims song

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

When John Lennon was asked, do you think Ringo's the best drummer in the world. Lennon replied, no he isn't even the best drummer in the Beatles.

Thick as two short planks

keepitreal wrote:

When John Lennon was asked, do you think Ringo's the best drummer in the world. Lennon replied, no he isn't even the best drummer in the Beatles.

This is hilarious ... had never heard that quote before! LOLOL

While Ringo (or many other drummers) may not excel in technical skill, the real question arises is their drumming is right for the music? For example, Nick Mason (Pink Floyd) might not be considered a top-level drummer, but his style suited PF perfectly. If one tried to insert someone like Steve Gadd or Gavin Harrison in his place, it just wouldn't fit.