Topic: introductions

well after a few responces to a poem i submitted here i guess i shall introduce myself.  I am a self taught guitarist of over 20 years.  Punk might be my favorite stuff to play and listen to but musically, I am all over the Map.  Grew up with a lot of rolling stones, pink floyd and everything from that era to hank williams, commander cody, muddy waters, howling wolf and everything in between.  if i could have just one guitar.....hands down a guild d-50.

singin the blues one brew at a time

2 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-07-11 15:29:42)

Re: introductions

It's great to have you with us, punkrawker, and as I tell all folks who join us here, "Teach us something!" smile

I looked at your list of influences and I can pretty much assure you that one of our family (not gonna name him wink ) will be pleased to know you're a Commander Cody fan.

As for being "all over the map", I think that describes just about everyone at "Chordie", so you should fit right in.

I'm certain that more than just me will be here soon for more welcoming to the "friendliest site on the internet", so for now, welcome aboard and have fun with us.

Bill

EDITED TO ADD: We have some real stars here, though they tend to "play down" their talents. Don't believe them for a second! They're fantastic musicians, singers, songwriters and poets! smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Welcome to Chordie Punkrawker,

When I first saw your post I thought that punk might have been an influence in your life, perhaps I am psychic or something. lol

Many of us like various type of music, I am not keen on opera and I think that rap is so non music it should be spelt with a capital 'C'.

Nice to have you join us, make yourself at home,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

RTFO!

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

5 (edited by dino48 2015-07-11 17:20:05)

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

It's great to have you with us, punkrawker, and as I tell all folks who join us here, "Teach us something!" smile

I looked at your list of influences and I can pretty much assure you that one of our family (not gonna name him wink ) will be pleased to know you're a Commander Cody fan.

As for being "all over the map", I think that describes just about everyone at "Chordie", so you should fit right in.

I'm certain that more than just me will be here soon for more welcoming to the "friendliest site on the internet", so for now, welcome aboard and have fun with us.

Bill

EDITED TO ADD: We have some real stars here, though they tend to "play down" their talents. Don't believe them for a second! They're fantastic musicians, singers, songwriters and poets! smile

I am the commander cody fan,stones,Pink Floyd etc. Welcome here,I do not really like punk rock though. Maybe Bill was talking about some one else. Enjoy the site.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Hi Punkrawker. I'm sure you're going to fit in just fine. I like your signature, anything with the word brew in it's fine by me.

Thick as two short planks

Happy to see you here buddy. Join in the talks and have fun.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Welcome to the family punkrawker.

welcome aboard

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Gidday.
Welcome. enjoyed your poem,hows about turning it into a song?
Plenty of talented Chordians that will help.
Look forward to your next effort.

The King Of Audio Torture

11 (edited by Tenement Funster 2015-07-12 09:52:24)

Welcome to Chordie, Punkrawker!

Musical tastes are as varied as food tastes, i.e., we all like different things, but we all love to eat! The common bond here is music and guitars, and we probably all found Chordie while we were searching the Internet to learn more and expand our horizons. A Guild D-50 is an excellent choice of guitar, BTW!

Hope to hear from you often!

Welcome to chordie!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

GLAD YOU TOOK MY ADVICE...WELCOME

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Welcome

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Welcome to Chordie!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Welcome,  There is no better   company than the Chordians  for musical analysis and support, as well as great Progressive rock and Blues fixes!!
Glad you are with us.
Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Welcome to Chordie - you came to the right place!
Cheers!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

wow, never expected that much positive responses.  thank you!!  well dont let the name fool ya, its the only name i can think of thats not taken and has zero ties to my real name much like the rest of us.  for some reason or another I rarely write full songs or poems long enough to be songs, usually just a chorus and/or a verse here and there.  I write what i know and what i have experienced in 33 yrs so far, some favorite writers of mine would be tim armstrong (rancid), mike ness(social distortion), jerry cantrel(alice in chains), jim cuddy(blue rodeo), phil anselmo(pantera/down)  the man in black,  hank Sr and III to name a few.  I dont care too much for mystical, fantasy related stuff, just not my cup of tea so to speak.  For some reason its the every day life blue collar stuff that i get drawn to, hard times and ways to over come it.  music has always been an outlet for me whether its listening to an album, watching a show or playing guitar coming up with riffs and progressions here and there.

singin the blues one brew at a time