Topic: Another NGD. This makes 17.

Just picked up a Takamine 340S? (Lawsuit Era) for $150.00 at a pawn shop in Worcester, Mass. Except for a few scratches it is in nice shape. I will string it later and see how it sounds. Totally unplanned. I went to New Hampshire and stopped at the pawn shop on my way home. I don`t think they realized what they were selling. They are usually way overpriced.

https://scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/11760281_895942090472205_5695610417344334518_n.jpg?oh=90d942ec5eda675755fd7ef934d182f3&oe=560E92E1

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Another NGD. This makes 17.

Nice!

...wait - seventeen?!?

Holy sheaut!

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

That's a heap o' guitars, JJJ! Will your floor joists require reinforcing?

Those are just the playable ones. I have some real junk that I don`t count.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Your insane Joey.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

6 (edited by dino48 2015-07-19 00:31:36)

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

Just picked up a Takamine 340S? (Lawsuit Era) for $150.00 at a pawn shop in Worcester, Mass. Except for a few scratches it is in nice shape. I will string it later and see how it sounds. Totally unplanned. I went to New Hampshire and stopped at the pawn shop on my way home. I don`t think they realized what they were selling. They are usually way overpriced.

Good for you jjj,thats a great deal and they must not have known its value as you say. I have a takamine classical with steel strings and the are great players.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Back in the early spring, didn't you say: "This is the last one, really" or something to that effect? smile

Happy NGD.

JJJ - It might be about time to turn an extra room into a guitar shop.  big_smile  Happy NGD!  Time to start doing some recordings so we can hear these!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Thank You for posting the picture. It cleaned up nice and a new set of strings brought it back to life. After looking at the bracing,it was built in 1977   YES-- I did say "This is the last one, really" earlier this year. I must have lied. Am I the only one that has said that??Ha Ha.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

Thank You for posting the picture. It cleaned up nice and a new set of strings brought it back to life. After looking at the bracing,it was built in 1977   YES-- I did say "This is the last one, really" earlier this year. I must have lied. Am I the only one that has said that??Ha Ha.

Thats a great looking guitar jjj,hope it plays as good as it looks. Never say thats the last one you may run into some more you like.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Truthfully. I played it on my deck yesterday. I didn`t "Bond" with it. I will try again another time. I ended up going back to my old Gibson. The Takamine is a great guitar. It just didn`t make me warm up to it.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

I really like the way your practice amp is cleverly disguised as a bread machine ... genius!

We all say this is my last guitar at some point. And go on to buy another. It's what we do.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

Truthfully. I played it on my deck yesterday. I didn`t "Bond" with it. I will try again another time. I ended up going back to my old Gibson. The Takamine is a great guitar. It just didn`t make me warm up to it.

I have to quote myself here. Had a setup done at Union Music. It plays and sounds great now. The action is a bit high up the neck, but I hardly go that far up anyways. It cleaned up nice and it is loud. I have been using it since. The bond is definitely there now. The dreadnought body didn`t take any getting used to. I usually play Folk or Parlor size. Definitely worth the money. Total investment $215.00. I think I made out OK.

Enjoy Every Sandwich

Nice. I need to shop with you sometimes.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

the pic looks lefty? nice looking guitar. i've only got 6 and honestly only play 3. i strum the strat and the fender f90 on occasion  and the 12er very rarely (i think i put too heavy a gauge set on) the other one don't come into it....cheapy garbage.

but i do have a ton of stuff that i aught to get rid of which after i die the wife will have a nightmare selling or dumping....if she does i'll haunt her. i've still got my korg d8 which should be being used!

but i know how you feel i cant pass a music or flog shop with guitars on show without going in and looking around. i don't buy as my wife has sewn up my pockets and i've got piranha moths in my wallet.... there goes another finger lol

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

17 (edited by keepitreal 2015-09-02 15:30:55)

As yourself Phill, I can't pass a flog shop or antique shop without lookin for something different. Last weekend while browsing through Y T
I came across a Joni Mitchell vid (A case of you). She's playing a dulcimer, I've never actually seen one, know nothing about them but feel I should have one.

Thick as two short planks

That would make a nice addition to the other strings section.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.