Topic: NEW EFFECT DAY

I watched several video demonstrations with this effect and realized I had to add it some very cool sounds and should work nicely with my loopstation and ME-50 and I already have an FS-6 switching pedal so I can kick it in when I want.
https://reverb-res.cloudinary.com/image/upload/a_exif,c_limit,fl_progressive,h_620,q_85,w_620/v1420577642/jkmudbberftqkokfkfj2.jpg

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: NEW EFFECT DAY

sweet EH has always been great!

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

beamer wrote:

sweet EH has always been great!

This is there newest I listened to some of the sounds and I swear I couldn't tell the difference between a Hammond B3 and the C9 and there's more some real fat distortion octave thing going on in one of the settings(Lord Purple) very heavy metal feel I couldn't believe it all came out of just this box but it did that's what sold me smile

can you link to your favorite demos? This is very interesting to me.

Baldguitardude wrote:

can you link to your favorite demos? This is very interesting to me.

I will have to look for it I didn't bookmark it give me a minute

BGD There a several on this page on You tube this is Bill Ruppert (who can really pick nice) scroll thru some of the videos on the right to see more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZKVPzRyn50
Some of the demo songs had parts recorded on a loop pedal but this only enhanced the demo

Sounds really great Russell,are you freezing out there yet I just watched the weather.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Russell, I liked the sounds on the C9 pedal better than the B9 pedal. You should have hours of fun with that.
Sounds like a good investment to me.

Joe

Sounds great almost makes me want to play Smoke on the water again

dino48 wrote:

Sounds really great Russell,are you freezing out there yet I just watched the weather.

dino it is colder then a widows heart lol I have been home all day and I don't want to go outside its below zero with a wind chill of -25 and its snowing the wind has been steady at over 25 miles per hour yuk

Grah1 wrote:

Sounds great almost makes me want to play Smoke on the water again

Almost lol  heck Id play it anyway just for funzies smile

Tyson7 wrote:

Russell, I liked the sounds on the C9 pedal better than the B9 pedal. You should have hours of fun with that.
Sounds like a good investment to me.

Joe

Joe I have some specific ideas in mind it is awesome and a very good investment your sound is everything

Love the name "Lord Purple" for that #5 organ mode ... the late Jon Lord would have been proud that an effects company would seek to capture his signature tones. A number of Deep Purple tunes come to mind where that gadget would be fun (Highway Star, Space Truckin', etc.) Will it do a clean organ sound like "Child in Time"?

A friend of mine as a POG2 that Electro-Harmonix makes, and it does some cool keyboard effects also. We once jammed along to "No Quarter" (Led Zeppelin), and he did the organ part while I did the sliding fuzz guitar stuff. Sounded pretty good, if I do say so myself.

Tenement Funster wrote:

Love the name "Lord Purple" for that #5 organ mode ... the late Jon Lord would have been proud that an effects company would seek to capture his signature tones. A number of Deep Purple tunes come to mind where that gadget would be fun (Highway Star, Space Truckin', etc.) Will it do a clean organ sound like "Child in Time"?

A friend of mine as a POG2 that Electro-Harmonix makes, and it does some cool keyboard effects also. We once jammed along to "No Quarter" (Led Zeppelin), and he did the organ part while I did the sliding fuzz guitar stuff. Sounded pretty good, if I do say so myself.

TF I was in a band in Oregon called "High Voltage" it was a hard rock group and I remember doing a gig with Deep Purple they were awesome and really loud I just want to expand my sound a bit to express some ideas and this effect will help. The available presets can be modified somewhat if you watched the video there are a wide range of choices and coupled with my ME-50 effects should produce some tasty results. smile

Hey Russell ...

I just played with one of these C9's this afternoon ... whatta a blast! I couldn't stop grinning the whole time, at just how authentic this gadget sounds.

I had a guitar identical to my Epi Les Paul plugged into a Traynor YCS90 amp (90-watt, 2x12", all tube) quite similar to my Peavey (100-watt, 2x12", all tube). Everything I did with the C9 sounded better than I could hope for, and since there were no other customers in the shop, they let me crank it up. On the "Blimp" setting with the "Click" knob almost fully off, it got that cool sound for "Child in Time" which is perfect for guitar (G-G-A bass run, then improv, followed by the F-F-G bass run, more improv).

In short, I've got G.A.S. for a C9 as bad as I've ever had for a guitar ... pennies being saved!

Tenement Funster wrote:

Hey Russell ...

I just played with one of these C9's this afternoon ... whatta a blast! I couldn't stop grinning the whole time, at just how authentic this gadget sounds.

I had a guitar identical to my Epi Les Paul plugged into a Traynor YCS90 amp (90-watt, 2x12", all tube) quite similar to my Peavey (100-watt, 2x12", all tube). Everything I did with the C9 sounded better than I could hope for, and since there were no other customers in the shop, they let me crank it up. On the "Blimp" setting with the "Click" knob almost fully off, it got that cool sound for "Child in Time" which is perfect for guitar (G-G-A bass run, then improv, followed by the F-F-G bass run, more improv).

In short, I've got G.A.S. for a C9 as bad as I've ever had for a guitar ... pennies being saved!

TF I am running the C9 into my ME-50 and dual out to one Epiphone and a Sonic with two twelves it blew me away! I tried each setting Lord Purple sounded like what it is a Smoke on the water B3 it sounds awesome in stereo I played it for over 2 hrs. even the strawberry fields mello flute setting tried each one love it got to be the best bucks I spent on a unit other then my ME-50 and Loopstation each one contributes to pure fun and joy. I did find that the modern Tele sounds best with it my LP is a bit to much bottom but to each there own  smile

17 (edited by Tenement Funster 2015-01-16 10:26:11)

Interesting what you said about the humbuckers, Russell ...

I noticed that also, and quickly coil-tapped the LP to get rid of the boominess (is that even a word?). What I was really impressed with was the real time sound of the C9. A lot of guitar synthesis gear requires a 13-pin guitar > synth connection so the signal path is instant, but the C9 doesn't.

For the setup part, I didn't have my ME-80 there to try things. The guy at the store recommended that I continue with the Guitar > ME-80 > Amp setup that I use, and if I get a C9, to run it separately through the effects loop. He said something about the signal boost going into the pedal board creating too much load at the input stage. I don't understand most of that stuff, but it seemed to make sense.

Tenement Funster wrote:

Interesting what you said about the humbuckers, Russell ...

I noticed that also, and quickly coil-tapped the LP to get rid of the boominess (is that even a word?). What I was really impressed with was the real time sound of the C9. A lot of guitar synthesis gear requires a 13-pin guitar > synth connection so the signal path is instant, but the C9 doesn't.

For the setup part, I didn't have my ME-80 there to try things. The guy at the store recommended that I continue with the Guitar > ME-80 > Amp setup that I use, and if I get a C9, to run it separately through the effects loop. He said something about the signal boost going into the pedal board creating too much load at the input stage. I don't understand most of that stuff, but it seemed to make sense.

I noticed a stronger signal when I kicked in the C9 but I have a volume pedal on my ME-50 I can back it off it would seem that even I if put the C9 after the effects the volume boost would still be present but it cannot be controlled I will have to work with it a bit to find the best method. "boominess" works for me lol

19 (edited by Tenement Funster 2015-01-19 13:49:33)

So this is starting to get complicated (and potentially expensive). The C9 and the B9 have different menus, and each of them has one tone that I dearly want, which isn't on the other (grrrrrr). The C9's "Lord Purple" is awesome, but the B9 has the "Cathedral" setting for a pipe organ, which is amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98u-MDTKAWU  (listen at the 4:50 mark)

Be nice if they had a single unit that combined both, but the B9 gets close to Jon Lord's tone in the "Octaves" setting. And I suspect the "Classic Rock" setting run through the "Lead" channel on my amp will do something similar.

P.S. The voice-over clip at the start of the demo is hilarious!

Tenement Funster wrote:

So this is starting to get complicated (and potentially expensive). The C9 and the B9 have different menus, and each of them has one tone that I dearly want, which isn't on the other (grrrrrr). The C9's "Lord Purple" is awesome, but the B9 has the "Cathedral" setting for a pipe organ, which is amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98u-MDTKAWU  (listen at the 4:50 mark)

Be nice if they had a single unit that combined both, but the B9 gets close to Jon Lord's tone in the "Octaves" setting. And I suspect the "Classic Rock" setting run through the "Lead" channel on my amp will do something similar.

P.S. The voice-over clip at the start of the demo is hilarious!

I laughed at that too lol you can get a switch that lets you use both effects

Too bad that Pete Townsend didn't have the B9 when The Who was playing "Won't Get Fooled Again"--they wouldn't have needed a tape recording of the organ.

Artie'splaying wrote:

Too bad that Pete Townsend didn't have the B9 when The Who was playing "Won't Get Fooled Again"--they wouldn't have needed a tape recording of the organ.

they would still need a second guitarist since the loop station was not invented either,, just an old echoplex LOLOL

that keybd track was murder on the sound guy.  I saw an interview with him aobut it.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

HOLY CRAP!!!! WANT !!!!!

...what's that - $221.50?!?

Oh.

...how far away is Christmas, now?

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

Cocktailsfor2 wrote:

HOLY CRAP!!!! WANT !!!!!

...what's that - $221.50?!?

Oh.

...how far away is Christmas, now?

I think both Sweetwater music and Musicians Friend have a pay plan I got this from Sweetwater as I did with my Les Paul and Tele

Wicked addition too your aresanal Russell. The guy at the beginning reminded me of a Nazi in a movie.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman