Re: DAGGER

Tenement Funster wrote:

Great stuff, Russell .... thanks!

Your song, your playing, your voice, your guitar that you built, your experiences behind the words, your technique with your recording gear ... it truly is all you! Reminds of something Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor used to say:

"If you didn't make it yourself, it's never really yours."

That's excellent work, my friend ... and it's certainly all yours from start to finish.

Don't know what to say but thank you! smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

27 (edited by getfiddle 2014-05-06 20:50:24)

Great song Russell! Looked like the video could've been produced a little better or maybe it was my VLC player, not sure which! Everything was a little behind in the video! Not trying to be an ass cause I doubt I could do any better just sayin' it looked a little behind. But other than that I enjoyed watching and listening to your song. It is a great blues song!

A musician is someone with too much time on their hands! Thank god I'm a musician!!!

Hey Russ
Nearly missed this one a bit different from simmer  smile
Another good job... rock on
ark

getfiddle wrote:

Great song Russell! Looked like the video could've been produced a little better or maybe it was my VLC player, not sure which! Everything was a little behind in the video! Not trying to be an ass cause I doubt I could do any better just sayin' it looked a little behind. But other than that I enjoyed watching and listening to your song. It is a great blues song!

You are correct I lip synced the vocal the lyrics were still fresh and i had not yet memorized them so I was reading them during the filming,  this was videotaped with a HD Nikon but the file was almost a gigabyte and I had to covert it to WMV or it would have taken forever to upload I am taking a new approach to filming to improve the quality glad you enjoyed the song thanks for taking a look and for your comments smile

arkady wrote:

Hey Russ
Nearly missed this one a bit different from simmer  smile
Another good job... rock on
ark

Hi Ark yes it is a bit different I just follow what feels good musically to me thank you for the nice comment smile

This video is no longer available for view

The video is no longer available but I did put it on Soundcloud here
https://soundcloud.com/acapo-1/dagger/comment-240618450

I think I heard it before Russell but it is such a good tune it was worth hearing.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

34 (edited by Russell_Harding 2016-06-19 15:36:19)

I re-posted this song on You Tube since My Space is a dead zone these days and now that I have some musicians to play with I would like to record another version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-LovEN … e=youtu.be

Russell ...... fantastic in every way ...... a real talent!

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Thank you for giving a listen and commenting smile

Jandle wrote:

Thank you for giving a listen and commenting smile

Jandle wrote: