Re: Anyone Do Just Instrumentals?

Doug_Smith wrote:

The Earl of Malmsteen really likes that phrygian mode and is really fast, but somehow lacking in the musicality of many newer artists out there.

Bill as a percussionist, I should have included something by Antione Dufur.  Another of our talented neighbors to the North: www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQlyHbu0zz4

The percussive fingerstyle is popular these days it seems, and traces it's roots to the Gipsy/Flamenco genre. But as you can see.... can be somewhat overdone and repetative (no offense to Antoine, but this example does drag a bit towards the end).

Enjoy;
Doug

Thank you, Doug

I read some of the comments during this very intricate (to me anyway) tune, and one person's comment was: "They say he's still playing that outro to this very day." I got a little chuckle out of that one. smile

I then scrolled down to "Paroxysm", just because of the thumbnail of that guitar/harp combination. Very avante garde, I must say, but again I'm not as versed as I should be about free-style, fingerstyle, innovative guitar, so I'll just say I liked what I heard.

But what's with that scarf on the one you linked me to? I saw no beads of sweat on that baby-face brow. smile

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Amy and Arkady: Do I just put Ark's name in YT or are there some links?

Thanks Amy for the recommendation smile
Bill if you want to have a listen sometime then follow this link to my website on Ourstage.

http://ourstage.com/profile/arkady/songs
I am the Ambient mod.. lol
Wishing you both well.
ark

Arkady

I just listened to your  Tree of a thousand stars

so peaceful and beautiful.  It took me to another mindset.  Thanks - it was awesome.
Like the old phrase a picture is worth a thousand words - in this case the music brought  a thousand images to mind.

well done Arkady

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Because TIG did, and found it beautiful, I went to "Tree....." first, and I agree, Arkady it is peaceful and beautiful. Now I'm going to listen to the rest of what you played.

Now, before I fall all over my feet again like I did with Doug wink , I'll just ask straight out: Do you have any CD's on Amazon or elsewhere?

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

TIGLJK wrote:

Arkady

I just listened to your  Tree of a thousand stars

so peaceful and beautiful.  It took me to another mindset.  Thanks - it was awesome.
Like the old phrase a picture is worth a thousand words - in this case the music brought  a thousand images to mind.

well done Arkady

Jim

Thanks Jim TOaTS is one of my favourites to. It just came together really well simple but nice..

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Because TIG did, and found it beautiful, I went to "Tree....." first, and I agree, Arkady it is peaceful and beautiful. Now I'm going to listen to the rest of what you played.

Now, before I fall all over my feet again like I did with Doug wink , I'll just ask straight out: Do you have any CD's on Amazon or elsewhere?

Thanks

Bill

Bill I have never commercially released a CD though I have considered it. I guess I'm lazy and never got round to it.
If you are interested in having a few of the instrumentals on your PC I could always email them to you.
let us know.
all the best
ark

Arkady
thanks for the link.all i can say is WOW

The King Of Audio Torture

Gidday Bill,
thanks for setting me a challenge,never done an instrumental.
emailed you the result. As it`s not good enough to put out into
the unsuspecting world!

The King Of Audio Torture