Topic: Subscribing To A Thread

Dear Mods/Admins

I'm not getting notified of subscribed threads. Could someone check it for me, please?

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Subscribing To A Thread

Hi Bill, in the 12 or so  years I have been with Chordie I have never subscribed to a thread so I have no idea how (and if) it works. smile

I will do so now and see what happens, so please bear with me for a day or so while I check it out.

Roger

P.S. I have subscribed to this and the 'Friday Blues Fix' which regularly gets an update so I will see what happens now.

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Welllllll... I have subscribed before!  What happens is this,

1. you subscribe
2. you close out the website and don't come back
3. someone posts while you are away
4. you get an email about the new post!
5. if more people post while you're away, you don't get any more emails
6. you visit Chordie again and look at the posts
rinse and repeat starting with #2

So.... you'll only get ONE notification to threads you're subscribed to while away.  You won't get a notification of every new post, just the first new one.  After you visit again, you'll get a new notification again on the threads subscribed to.

The only thing we can "check" is that you've checked off this box in your profile: Include post in subscription e-mails.
And yes, you have checked it.  So when you do get the subscription email, you should get the message of it as well.

I'm not sure if you get a notification about EACH new thread or just ONE that gets updated.  Since I'm curious, I'm going to visit the 'Friday's blues fix' thread right now and post there so Roger can let us know if he gets a notification on just this one or both!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Lo and behold! On checking my e-mails before I came here I had two messages that mekidsmom had posted on both threads that I had subscribed to. I said to myself "Thank you Amy, you are testing to see if they are working" smile and they are.

I now need to see what happens when further messages are added.

Roger

I just added a message. What happened?

Nothing for me. I have the "You are currently subscribed......" message below Index, but haven't received anything in my e-mail, and this was a first message. What else can I check? smile

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Your SPAM folder. What email service are you using?

Okay. I'll check Spam. I'm going to write a test message and subscribe to it so we can see what happens.

Thanks and I am using Yahoo.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Roger Guppy wrote:

Lo and behold! On checking my e-mails before I came here I had two messages that mekidsmom had posted on both threads that I had subscribed to. I said to myself "Thank you Amy, you are testing to see if they are working" smile and they are.

I now need to see what happens when further messages are added.

Roger

You're very welcome, Roger.  You'll notice in the email it says

(so and so) replied to the topic 'Backyard Gathering 2015 - Chordie Friends' (or whatever thread you're subscribed to) to which you are subscribed. There may be more new replies, but this is the only notification you will receive until you visit the board again.

So- just one notification till you visit again.  Then you'll get ONE again after your visit.  smile  I presume you did get one more to each, since they've both been kind of busy since I was last here!  LOL!

BILL - I just changed a setting in your profile to, "Hide your e-mail address but allow form e-mail." - instead of display my email address- maybe that will help!

OK I have just returned home and switched on, I got an e-email message about this thread that Baldguitardude replied at 6:45 (my time) saying "I just added a message. What happened?" but none of the later ones are mentioned.

I got an e-mail also for the Friday's blues fix I got Dino's "sonny  browney and some summertime from mkm,all good!" but no mention of the later message from Bill.

Just as our Amy said would happen. So it all appears to be working OK for me.

Bill let us know if Amy's tweak has made any difference.

Roger

Just a point as an afterthought; Bill you do switch your computer, laptop or whatever off between visits, don't you? If you do not switch it off you will not get fresh notifications.

To add to Rogers afterthought.... You should at least close the browser. You don't have to log off chordie or turn the power to your PC off. Just for clarification. smile