Topic: More prayers needed

This time it's for my son. We recieved a phone call yesterday afternoon and found out  that my oldest son is in the hospital (Lufkin, Tx.) From what we have been told he is in isolation with a staph incection in his leg. He is diabetic and already has had part of his foot amputated a few years ago. Now it looks like he may loose his leg below his knee. If my wife and I go there, now, we have been told that we cannot even get into the room he is in. We have talked to him amd he has asked that we wait until after there is more known about his condition before we show up. This is just about more than I can stand. I wish there was a way I could swap places with him. There is just way too much happening to me and my family.

Nela

Re: More prayers needed

More prayers being sent your way Nela. I hope you and your family get a break soon.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Been there, buddy.

Feels like everything that can go wrong is going wrong, and it's like suffocating in your own despair. Yup, been there. But the happy report is that it does not last. At the end of that long tunnel, you'll come out into the sunshine with a whole new & broader perspective than you can imagine. There are life lessons we learn through hardships, that equip us in ways we can't otherwise learn them. Experience - though often painful - is the best teacher, and you will come through it stronger than looks possible in this moment.

In the meantime, as Bluejeep says, prayers and kind thoughts go out to you.

Sorry to learn of this, my friend. Of course you'll be in both our thoughts and prayers and all best wishes to your son. Please let us know how things are going.

Bill and Dondra

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

You got 'em NELA.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Nela I hope only the best for you and your family,things have got too turn around for you soon.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Sorry to hear about your son my thoughts are with you all ,stay strong and take care.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Been here a couple of times myself NELA, sometimes life seems like a never ending nightmare.
I know you're a strong man NELA, and I know you'll get through this rough patch. Meanwhile, I'm sure I speak for everyone on Chordie when I say your in our thoughts.

Thick as two short planks

Praying for your son, family and Doctors and Nurses. And of course God's healing.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Holy Crap!!!

There's got to be and end to this soon for you folks.

Warm thoughts and well wishes to you and yours.

so sorry to hear of your troubles. i cant imagine any of that happening to any of my kids. my thoughts and best wishes are with you and your son.

phill and ann.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Nela
Hoping things improve for you and your family. 
Jeez - enough is enough !!

May you be blessed with some good fortune soon !

JIm

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

It sucks you're all going through this, NELA.  I can't imagine how you must feel. 
We'll keep your family in our hearts and good wishes.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Surgery scheduled for tomorrow. My wife and I are headed to Lufkin, Tx. this afternoon. I guess I'll be away for a few days but will let ya'll know what's going on when I get back. Many thanks for the "Well Wishes and Prayers". They are surely needed and apreaciated.

Nela

Back home, tired and feel like we have been beaten up. The good news is that my son is doing well with his surgery. His left leg was amputated just above mid calf and per the doctor the surgery went extremely well. About 3 years ago my son developed a staph infection on his foot from a blister. Things went from bad to worse with the infection and he ended up having his toes amputated on that foot. Due to the staph infection, having got into the bones of his foot, the bones were left brittle. Over time a piece of the bone would break off and work it's way to the surface and with surgery, have to be removed. With his being diabetec the healing process always took longer than it would for most people. My wife and I talked to his "wound care" doctor and he told us that he had removed a piece if bone the size of a quarter in early June. As of last week the foot was in great condition, the skin where the bone was removed had healed but it was still tender. Over the weekend he developed another staph infection that couldn't be controlled and was admitted to the hospital. By the time we got there, per the doctor, the end of his foot was dead and the staph infection had turned into gangreene(sp). Surgery couldn't wait as there was no hope of saving his foot. Brian is in good spirits and has accepted what has happened to him. He said that this may end up to be a relief to him and let him have a better quality of life than he has had for the past three years. He has a good care team taking care of him (how many of ya'll have the personal cell phone number of your doctor) so that's a blessing. He is in a lotta pain but that's to be expected and he is able to deal with that. Where he works they are already working to change his office and the restroom to be handicap assessible. So, I guess things are looking up.

Oh, and while there my truck broke down and left us stranded. Wasn't able to get it fixed so I had to have it towed to a mechanic shop, that was closed for the weekend, and take my son's car home. I think it's just a shifter cable that broke so the "fix" should not be too costly. We are headed back next weekend to visit our son and to get my truck back.

Nela

Nela some good and some not so good,I really hope things will turn around too better for you and your family.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Sorry to hear about all the bad things. I really hope your son is ok.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Good grief, NELA.  When it rains it pours huh?  Bad things come in threes?  Whatever the cliche, I think your cup is full.  Time for the good stuff to start happening and things to spin around.  I'm glad to hear that your son is staying positive through this.  That's not the easiest road to take.  Hopefully your truck will be all fixed up too and ya'll can move on to bigger and better things.  Or just normal things.  Normal, happy things.  smile  That's what I'm hoping for all of ya.  It's about time for a little boredom with normality.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

20 (edited by Tenement Funster 2015-08-04 11:15:27)

mekidsmom wrote:

It's about time for a little boredom with normality.

That says it just perfectly, MKM! We all hope your path turns around soon, NELA, and although we can't do much from our various corners of the planet, know that best thoughts and wishes are going your way.

Many thanks to everyone for your thoughts and well wishes. I'm healing and doing fine from my recent surgery, my son is doing well from his surgery and will begin PT today. It's been a long and stressful time but, hopefully, things will begin to settle down. We are headed back to Lufkin this weekend to help get my son's house ready for him when he is released from the hospital. Maybe after that we can relax a little bit.

Nela

In the words of Charlie Brown, "Good Grief!"

How did I miss this about your son. NELA???

I am so sorry to just now be replying, but I am glad there's finally light at the end of this tunnel.

Our very best wishes to both of you, and please ----- you supervise, okay ------- we don't need this whole thing to start all over again. With you or your son.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Best wishes to you and your family, Nela...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic