Re: Backyard Gathering 2015 - Chordie Friends

Cocktailsfor2 wrote:

Oooh! A Skype broadcast? Include me in!

If anyone wants to join in on a possible Skype call, drop me an email so I can link ya to my Skye contact info.  I use it for work a lot - and when I get friend requests on there I don't add people unless I know for sure who they are.  Also - there's an account similar to mine that will NOT add you or get you connected with me.  wink  I use an alternate email on skype than the one you'll find me with at Chordie.  Soooo... drop an email!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Amy,

I don't use Skype due to the fact it drags down my machine's performance, but I guess I can install it and then uninstall it for that one day. Right?

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Well... I was thinking about it... and ya know what?  I probably won't have time to sit in front of the computer to do the whole skype thing back and forth and to and fro and such.  So... I'll try this instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPOA3w2HpsI

FINGERS CROSSED that it works when the time comes!  wink

Amy,

That sounds great (the live streaming), but if it has to be SKYPE, I would not be averse to being assigned a certain time to call. In short, I'd do anything short of dating Whoopi Goldberg to "be" with my Chordie Family. big_smile big_smile big_smile

I'm getting as excited as y'all are and I won't even be there in person!  <3.

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Whoopi called.  She's very disappointed.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:

lol lol lol

57 (edited by dino48 2015-08-05 00:17:16)

unclejoesband wrote:
Zurf wrote:

lol lol lol

I am still laughing at this Zurf and Joe.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Whoopie called... lol!

I set the live stream for 7pm my time - I figure by then anyone that came just for the free food will be gone, we'll be done eating and ready for a few drinks and guitars.  Plus, once it gets dark, I'll have to shut it down.  This way - any camera shy people won't have to worry as it'll only be on for a short bit.  I'm expecting people to arrive around 1ish.  Looking at a group of 15-25 - corn on the cob and salt potatoes for all! 

I also want to just say publicly - my husband is THE BEST!  He's working his butt off all day, then coming home and working is butt off around this old house, and it's been pretty HOT in NY! The big ole wrap around porch is being redone NOW - to make this place more sturdy (we don't want the roof falling off on people) and to ensure safety on the steps, and look much better of course.  He was working on it slowly, but knowing people are coming has kicked things into overdrive.  I'm happy!  I love that guy!  AND the old barn is finally coming DOWN!  whooo hooo!  Super kudos to Jim for all his hard work in helping to make this house a home.

I decided last night that I need a beautiful sign made that reads, "Money Pit" for the front of my house (instead of our last name, I want to place it under the house numbers).  It's gotta be classy though, to match what this place will become, someday!  LMAO!

Whoopi can share my bed if it makes accommodating her easier. smile

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Livestream?

FanTAStic!!

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

Backyard gathering pre-game starts around midnight tonight when Roger's flight makes it in from Portugal!  Here's wishing him safe travels.  It's going to be a loooooong day for him!

I saw where you guys were getting a laugh out of my Whoopi joke, so I am glad I won't have to make that decision due to Amy's setting up her live stream on YT. Thanks, Ms. Amy!

And y'all know what the difference is between a date with Whoopi and a bowling ball, right?

If you really really had to, you could eat a bowling ball.

I'm not sure I told that right......?

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

I saw where you guys were getting a laugh out of my Whoopi joke, so I am glad I won't have to make that decision due to Amy's setting up her live stream on YT. Thanks, Ms. Amy!

And y'all know what the difference is between a date with Whoopi and a bowling ball, right?

If you really really had to, you could eat a bowling ball.

I'm not sure I told that right......?

Not sure, Bill... but I do know that you can eat a Whoopee Pie!
http://foodnetwork.sndimg.com/content/dam/images/food/fullset/2008/9/8/1/12Days_Whoopee_Pie.jpg.rend.sni12col.landscape.jpeg

mekidsmom wrote:

Not sure, Bill... but I do know that you can eat a Whoopee Pie!
http://foodnetwork.sndimg.com/content/d … scape.jpeg

Only if it has peanut butter filling.

https://s16-us2.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-tWbXpjl-C28%2FUB5mbH_jEkI%2FAAAAAAAAAKQ%2Fuj8ejWp9pUM%2Fs1600%2FWhoopie%2Bpie.jpg&amp;sp=cd2860b177f9ad45a1466d0b178721f1

You guys are certifiable! smile But I wouldn't have y'all any other way! smile smile big_smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Have fun.  Mash some strings.  Strain some voices.  Crush some cans.  And most of all ... "Follow THAT!!!"

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I hope all turns out good,I am sure it will. Share Some Pictures Please.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Safe Journey, Roger! Wish I could meet you and the others!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

I decided to play the game, "Where in the world is Roger?"  Well... from tracking flights - assuming he got on them properly, Roger should currently be relaxing in NY City waiting for his last flight.  We'll be heading out in a couple hours (around the same time his flight does) to meet him on his final "leg of the race" (ever watch Amazing Race? LOL)

We'll get him back here and get him all tucked into a pretty pink room for the night.  smile

70 (edited by dino48 2015-08-12 00:36:06)

mekidsmom wrote:

I decided to play the game, "Where in the world is Roger?"  Well... from tracking flights - assuming he got on them properly, Roger should currently be relaxing in NY City waiting for his last flight.  We'll be heading out in a couple hours (around the same time his flight does) to meet him on his final "leg of the race" (ever watch Amazing Race? LOL)

We'll get him back here and get him all tucked into a pretty pink room for the night.  smile

A PINK room, that will be something too tease him about besides whoopie. He wont care as he will most likely be very tired out.

mekidsmom wrote:

The location was correct. The relaxing was most definitely not!! After being on my feet for 20 hours with very little sleep on the flight over the pond my final flight was delayed and hour and a half (on top of the 4 hours I was expecting). I was desperate to get some shuteye but dare not in case I missed the flight. lol

Thanks for the patience in waiting for me, Amy and Jim, and I did not notice that the room was pink. I will go and look now. big_smile

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

72 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-08-12 17:16:53)

Welcome back to "'Murka", Roger! I wish you and the other Chordie "Backyard Players" a wonderful time!

Your Bud

Bill (and Dondra says "Hey and have a good time, Roger!")

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

I guess we can post back and forth during that live stream, right? I hadn't thought of that. I was going to call, but this way no one's privacy has to be encroached upon by giving out someone's cell number! smile smile

Sometimes I just amaze myself that I can still come up with my own solutions, if I just continue to think about the problem a bit. Good ol
Occam and his Razorwink

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Roger Guppy wrote:
mekidsmom wrote:

The location was correct. The relaxing was most definitely not!! After being on my feet for 20 hours with very little sleep on the flight over the pond my final flight was delayed and hour and a half (on top of the 4 hours I was expecting). I was desperate to get some shuteye but dare not in case I missed the flight. lol

Thanks for the patience in waiting for me, Amy and Jim, and I did not notice that the room was pink. I will go and look now. big_smile

Roger

You missed a Pink Room,better go get more sleep or more coffee.

Whoopie is missing from Hollywood ,she may be headed your way Roger.