Topic: Posting/Editing Question

When one writes a post and then rereads it, clicks the edit button to fix the mistakes, is the reader (you) still able to read the original, messed-up post?

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Posting/Editing Question

No Bill, once the change is made the original cannot be viewed.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

But how about while the changes are made, Roger?

It is already posted when you see your mistakes, then you choose edit and make the changes. While you're doing that, can people read the original which has already been posted?

Sorry if I'm missing something. "If I only had a brain!" ---- The Tin Man?

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

But how about while the changes are made, Roger?

It is already posted when you see your mistakes, then you choose edit and make the changes. While you're doing that, can people read the original which has already been posted?

Sorry if I'm missing something. "If I only had a brain!" ---- The Tin Man?

Yes. The original is still there for folks to read. Once you post the edited version, the original is gone.

Bill, if I might make a suggestion. Instead of writing your post and then pressing 'Submit' press the 'Preview' instead. You will then be able to see how your post will appear and make any corrections before you 'Submit' it.

I always do this. It gives me chance to see whether I have any spelling mistakes or typo's and, if I am posting a photo, I can see a/ whether I have got the URL right and b/ check whether the photo is the right size for the page,

Roger

I 'Preview'ed this and corrected my punctuation smile

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

This.

"Preview" is your friend.

Always.

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

Roger Guppy wrote:

Bill, if I might make a suggestion. Instead of writing your post and then pressing 'Submit' press the 'Preview' instead. You will then be able to see how your post will appear and make any corrections before you 'Submit' it.

I always do this. It gives me chance to see whether I have any spelling mistakes or typo's and, if I am posting a photo, I can see a/ whether I have got the URL right and b/ check whether the photo is the right size for the page,

Roger

I 'Preview'ed this and corrected my punctuation smile

Thank you, Roger. I will try to remember. smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

8 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-08-09 01:37:50)

Cocktailsfor2 wrote:

This.

"Preview" is your friend.

Always.

I am SO SORRY to hear of this! sad

After previewing this post, I hit submit, but then I changed my mind about the word "hear" and wanted to go back and change it, due to syntax being incorrect. (One doesn't hear writing). So I brought the text back and changed it in "edit":

I am SO SORRY to learn of this! sad

Long story short, I forget things. That's my "job" these days: to forget stuff, and sometimes stuff just gets by me before I have the chance to think to correct it.

Google is my friend as well, I believe.

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass