Topic: hollies song

ok so I had the first couple of lines to this song and had been fooling around with it for a while. I was sitting here after work tonight in my room and was messing around with it and reading the post here, I read Unhuhs post  and  the replies and something clicked. I guess we all have problems with family at one time or another. any way this one just kind of poured out. personally I feel like its the best I have. laid down the guitar in two tries and the vocals in one only problem is the internet is so slow here at work that it may be a day or two before I can get it uploaded to sound cloud and posted. here are the words and chords I wanted to get out and see what yall think about it I will post the recording as soon as I can it up loaded. some notes if you want to try to play if before you hear the recording the chord pattern changes in the middle with a little walk down from the G to the D and it gradually picks up the tempo as the second half goes on

ok its late here I have gotten this out of my system got it written down and recorded time for bed

(Bm)I was feeling pretty(D) good today(A) then I thought about(G) you
(Bm)all those feelings I had(D) buried (A)came crashing (G)through
(Bm)just beneath the(D) surface like a (A)wound that wont(G) heal
(Bm)didn't take much (D)reminder to(A) bring back how I (G)feel

time wont heal it no matter what they say
the feeling just gets stronger since they took you away
just over the horizon like a sun that wont rise
just out of my reach you smile cant light my sky

so I sit in the shadow hiding from the light of day
sitting in the corner my guitar to blue to play

(D)there's always the(G) future that(Bm) keeps my hope(A) alive
(D)my world will be a(G) better place(Bm) with your sunny(A) smile
maybe someday soon ill see those sparkling eyes
we'll put the past behind us and we'll all recognize
just what fools we've been we could not compromise
some one so innocent that we all jeopardize
so here's to the future its all in front of you
ill only make one promise to you I will be true

(G)I make one (D)promise(A) to you I will be(D) true

out of tune out of key and out of touch

2 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-08-01 22:09:13)

Re: hollies song

Our friend Mo': The guy who disappears for a while and then comes bustin' in with wonderfully written tunes. I keep seeing someone like Springsteen holding you at gunpoint and screaming, "WRITE, DAMMIT!!!". big_smile

So far I'be just read the lyrics which are  AWESOME. Later this evening, after tucking the "Little Woman" (she hates when I call her that too. The other nickname is "Madondra". wink ) in, I plan to sit right here, catch up on all the performances I missed and have a relaxing evening listening to my "Songsmith Friends" perform. smile

Thanks, Mojo and ALL of you writers/singers for inspiring the rest of us!

Bill

ETA: Is the title "Hollie's Song" or a song meant to remind us of the group The Hollies, Mo'? It reads like the former is the case. ----- OCD Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Our friend Mo': The guy who disappears for a while and then comes bustin' in with wonderfully written tunes. I keep seeing someone like Springsteen holding you at gunpoint and screaming, "WRITE, DAMMIT!!!". big_smile

So far I'be just read the lyrics which are  AWESOME. Later this evening, after tucking the "Little Woman" (she hates when I call her that too. The other nickname is "Madondra". wink ) in, I plan to sit right here, catch up on all the performances I missed and have a relaxing evening listening to my "Songsmith Friends" perform. smile

Thanks, Mojo and ALL of you writers/singers for inspiring the rest of us!

Bill

ETA: Is the title "Hollie's Song" or a song meant to remind us of the group The Hollies, Mo'? It reads like the former is the case. ----- OCD Bill

Bill, thanks for the kind words, unfortunately song writing for me is like seizures I never know when its coming or how long it will last
and Hollie is someone special to me

out of tune out of key and out of touch

Really good Mojo, like the words, the style, I had a listen to it on Soundcloud.  Impressive smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan