Topic: Rolin and tumblin

Live recording  of   my  new as yet un named  band in rehearsal  studio hope you  like  it

https://soundcloud.com/graham-windle/rollintumblin

Guitar is  tune A A E A B E With  the  low A  being  an octave   down ,10s gauge  strings  but  I  shal  be  changing  the  low  A  for  something  heavier  as  it flaps  a bit
John  prince  on bass  Mike  davies  on drums  and  me  on guitar

Re: Rolin and tumblin

awesome Graham!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thanks  Dino I  was  pleased  with  the  recording  and even more  that  you  like  it

Gidday Grah
Wow that was great,must be a real buzz playing in a band like that.
Loved the drummers grove,fantastic.

The King Of Audio Torture

Graham

That was simply fabulous.  I enjoyed it a lot!

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Thanks for the positive comments guys ,this track was taken from our third rehearsal session ,I have played with john some years ago but mike is new to both of us so were just feeling our way at the moment.Mikes in france for a couple of weeks but were gonna try a night at a club when he returns ,just a short set as a bit of a trial

Loved it Graham!

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

That's good composition & playing, Graham ... nicely done, and very enjoyable. For that tuning, you may need to keep a longer-scale, baritone guitar nearby, to avoid the floppiness of low-tuned strings.

Sounds like your move from Crete to the UK only created a temporary interruption in your career!

TF I'm going  to  try  a  heavier  string  maybe  even   a  thin bass string  I  have  an ES 335  copy  here  which  sounds  nice  and  dirty for this sort  of  thing , on the  recording  I'm using  a  yamaha  pacifica  112

It came out very well on the Yamaha! I was half dabbling with the idea of a baritone awhile back, and Rondo Music makes one that's quite inexpensive that caught my eye:

http://www.rondomusic.com/hadron627na.html

It's a real "looker" also, and I thought it might be good to maintain in DADGAD tuning for some of the Led Zeppelin I like playing.

looks good  but  I  dont  think  I  could  live  with the  floyd rose .

Speaking of band names, I recall Ian Anderson explaining how they arrived at Jethro Tull.

Seems they weren't very good, so they kept changing their name just so they could get re-booked at places like "The Marquee Club" back in the late 60's. They had been making various changes to their style along the way, and one night the place erupted with applause for what they were doing. The owner wanted to re-book them right away, and JT was the name they happened to be using that night. Ian says he's never really been very fond of the name, but they had to live with it under these circumstances.