Topic: What is the most affordable accesories 4 electric guitar???

????????????????

Re: What is the most affordable accesories 4 electric guitar???

Answer these questions.

1. What is your budget? (please don't answer if I had money I could buy what I want. I am trying to establish a price range)

2. Are they for home use, gagage band, small clubs or touring band?

3. What type of music do you or are you going to play? The effects you buy will shape the tone you are trying to achieve.

There are alot of cheap (inexpensive) brands out there that can be had as little as $19.99 american and there are boutique petals than can cost up to $1000.00 american per petal. So the questions above really do matter.

Bootlegger.
Bootlegger guitars.

Since you didn't specify what you are wanting to play...and that I've seen some phenomenal players with nothing but a basic guitar (telecaster) and a basic amp (maybe with a built in reverb) just play like crazy...I would say that your most affordable accessory would be practice. Give up some tv time or whatever and just play, play, and play...  When not playing then listen to what others are doing...and just practice.  Cheap effects? Changing picks, playing with fingers, or fingernails, palm muting, bending strings above the nut, bending the whole guitar across your body, scraping strings with the side of a heavy pick, string tapping....Playing with your volume and tone knobs while playing...turn toward your amplifier to get feedback, switch between pickups to get different sounds while playing...   I betcha other members can add a ton of ideas...  Pick it up, turn it up, and have some fun!

Middleaged Redneck sorta guy who refuses to grow up...passion for music, especially Southern Rock but like bout everything cept Gangsta/Hip Hop. Collect guitars, mandolins, and love to ride Harleys.

Howabout a basic tuner?

If you must go for an effects pedal then one you can't do on-the-amp is wah-wah, instant Hendrix but a bit stuck in it's era...

'The sound of the city seems to disappear'

aHm....I play lead guirarist and im looking for a good band that can rock hard!!!

oh yeah....my pocket money is 5000 php!!!

thx for the ideas dudez.....rock on!!! ^^ .l..l

Apparantely, you can fit your own killswitch on a Les Paul or anything similiar for about 50p if you do it yourself!

don't ever stand aside, don't ever be denied
you gotta be who you be if you're comin' with me
cool
okay??

(0)==#paranormal guitar wrote:

Apparantely, you can fit your own killswitch on a Les Paul or anything similiar for about 50p if you do it yourself!

Hehehehehe...

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

A good tuner.  Although you may have one, considering what amp set-up you have.

A good strap that reflects your inner demons (and maybe your inner child).

GHS Fast Fret (like it or hate it....But I love it!)

A good polish for your axe! (I like Lizzard Spit, "Trick" Polish and Fretboard cleaner and Martin polishes).  Also a good polishing cloth.  Old t-shirts work good if you don't have the bucks to buy one.

Picks!  Even cheaper when you buy bulk.

Good Strings.  D'Addario, Elixir Nanoweb or GHS Boomers.  I like these, but you can find your own favorite.  And to me, 10's are the best all-around gauge.  9's may be smaller but you get smaller sound from them too (IMHO).

Lots of TABS!  You may not like tablature or be unfamiliar with it, but it helps out a lot (at least for me) and you can get tabs of your favorite songs for FREE on the internet (at least for now).

Other than that...I can only suggest a thong or some bright-colored spandex.  *Just joking.  This is a running joke with me and guitar buddies, so don't take it seriously.  LOL

Good luck finding a band to ROCK with.  I believe you'll find one soon!!  Rock on!!!!!!!

Gibson Les Paul Studio (customized) * Epiphone Zakk Wylde Custom Les Paul "Camo" * Breedlove 6-string acoustic * Takamine 12-string acoustic/electric * Line 6 Spider III 212 150 * Line 6 FBV Shortboard * New tight skin-toned colored Spandex and matching thong *
big_smile