Topic: NPD

hi guys. everyone seems to be having a "new guitar day" lately, but there's no chance of the wife putting her hand into my pocket and letting me have a new axe, so as i was depressed with the sound i was getting on my recordings i decided to lash out on a new FX pedal namely a Digitech RP55. after reading the rave reviews i bought it from Amazon for only £25. a bargain as other on-line shops wanted almost double! i ordered it on friday and it arrived on monday free post! WOW. anyway noodled with it monday and wrote a song (something i haven't been able to do for a while) then read the instructions properly today (tuesday) and wrote another song...amazing. one rock one country.

it has a tuner, 40 factory presets and 40 editable user sounds. a full house of sounds; amps, cabs, and all the usual guitar FX and an amazing sounding drum rhythm section. it's nice for getting the beat for writing but i'm still doing my drums live after recording the basic track. i'm only using it for recording though not live work as it's too fidley for that. just thought i'd let you know.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Re: NPD

Well happy NPD, Phill!  Sounds like a fun gadget to have. I still haven't had time to figure my son's old one out myself. I might be all ccomputer nerdy, but you win in the pedal department.  smile. Have fun with it!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

hi amy. it's so simple even i played it right away. it's a simple plug and play, push a button and it does what it says on the tin and it has an acoustic section too.

having said all that, i tweeked until i got a great sound, but when i went back to it a couple of hours later it had gone....i hadn't hit the store button yikes

I used  an RP 70  for  years  great  pedal pretty  much  the  same  as  the RP 55.I  stopped  using  it  when one  of  the  switches    broke   but  I   later  repaired  it and  still have it  as  a  backup in Greece  My  current   pedal of  choice    is  the  Boss  be5  just  4  effects    but    sounds  great for  what  I  need .

Happy npd phill.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Happy NPD.  I was a little nervous about that one, especially with the picture requirement, but figured it was Chordie so it must be OK.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Phil I  modified  mine  with  an external foot switch  for  the  drum machine  so  I  could  easily  switch  it on and  off  when playing live  Its  simple just  a  two  core  lead  from the  back  of  the  switch  to  a  push  to  make foot switch   from maplin  ,cost  a  couple  of  pounds

Grah1 wrote:

Phil I  modified  mine  with  an external foot switch  for  the  drum machine  so  I  could  easily  switch  it on and  off  when playing live  Its  simple just  a  two  core  lead  from the  back  of  the  switch  to  a  push  to  make foot switch   from maplin  ,cost  a  couple  of  pounds

hi grah. i never thought of that so i checked and it must be the "control" socket you're referring to?

as i said i'm only using it for recording, i have a boss ME50 for live, but the foot switch is a good idea, i've got one around here somewhere....

Zurf wrote:

Happy NPD.  I was a little nervous about that one, especially with the picture requirement, but figured it was Chordie so it must be OK.

sorry zurf no compredee...what picture requirement? but i'll recomend it. i've never been able to get that "fender" sound but with a few tweeks it was there...bliss. till i forgot to save it...wotadik

thanks dino, the power pack came today so that'll save me a fortune on batteries

Phill Williams wrote:
Zurf wrote:

sorry zurf no compredee...what picture requirement? but i'll recomend it. i've never been able to get that "fender" sound but with a few tweeks it was there...bliss. till i forgot to save it...wotadik

There's a picture requirement for NGD's.  Obligation really.  I think the rule is less clear with U, or P, or B.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Happy, NPD Day, Phill! smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

13 (edited by Phill Williams 2015-08-12 19:05:43)

Zurf wrote:
Phill Williams wrote:
Zurf wrote:

There's a picture requirement for NGD's.  Obligation really.  I think the rule is less clear with U, or P, or B.

i see said the blind man who couldn't see at all cool

i shall make an attempt or as mr guppy says; do or do not, there is no try

tried-failed, anyone like to enlighten me as to how one posts a picture on here? i would be eternally grateful big_smile

Hey Phil - I wrote a thing up about it a while ago: http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=14150

If you need any help, of course, I'll be happy to assist you!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Amy. I was checking out the post and then something stuck out like a sore thumb .....white socks? 😨

Seriously though thanks. It still seems very complicated but I shall give it a try shortly.

Thanks again

Phill

Happy New pedal Day, Phill ... Digitech make great quality gear, and it's more user-friendly than most.

Phill the control socket is for an external volume pedal to control the wah and pitch shift what I did was add a wire to the back of the drum on off switch ,any competant electronics guy can do this in about 15 mins

hi grah, it's not something i am overly concerned about so i wont be splashing the cash but thanks for the info.

hi TF, thanks, yes i am quite pleased with my purchase, i have one or two other digitech items but i cant for the life of me remember what they are....old age!

Hear us on [url=http://www.myspace.com/hardingwilliams]www.myspace.com/hardingwilliams[/url]

ooops! incase anyones wondering, my last message was posted from my tablet which apparently has the password from the time russ and i were writing together. i hope russ doesn't mind too much?