Topic: Any Other Drummer/Guitarists Here?

If so, I'd be interested in your cymbal set-up.

Sorry, mods. I know this is a hijack of sorts, but the drum sites I have visited have foul-mouthed kids telling me that "google is my friend" and other guano like that. smile

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Any Other Drummer/Guitarists Here?

Guess that shoulda been Guitarist/Drummers in the title line up there, but that's the way it happened for me: drummer first, gittarist later. smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

If so, I'd be interested in your cymbal set-up.

Sorry, mods. I know this is a hijack of sorts, but the drum sites I have visited have foul-mouthed kids telling me that "google is my friend" and other guano like that. smile

Thanks

Bill

Bill I have always played guitar but I was in a bad motrcycle accident and my hands could not do well. I took up playing drums for awile ,I had a Pearl drum set.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

4 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-08-16 00:45:18)

Dino

I am so sorry to hear that, my friend! How are your hands these days? Can you play guitar okay?

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Bill they are fine now thanks for asking I had a real small set of Pearl drums and enjoyed them but the neighbors wanted too hang me!! I sold them.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I can sure understand about the neighbors, my friend. I bought rubber pads for ALL of the drums when they complained. Even the bass drum and the cymbals! You coulda heard a clock ticking, dude!

I was sitting there with my headphones on, playing along to Radar Love, and not a sound could be heard from my drums.

Of course, I also kept my head down, so I couldn't see the swinging cymbals and stuff.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Well, the reason I started this thread, is that my cymbals are mostly Paistes with a couple of K z's, and even though the Paistes were a set (meaning high hats, a crash and a ride), all the guitarists I've jammed with since I got them tell me they're too "thick" sounding and I don't know how to fix that for them, because I'm behind them and not on the listening side.

So Graham and anyone else that has a crazy drummin' fool running around, would you ask them what their set-up is, please?

Much appreciated

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

8 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-08-16 05:36:07)

My cat when I crash a cymbal....

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff71/Drummerboy49/catdrums.jpg

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

My cat when I crash a cymbal....

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff71 … tdrums.jpg

Poor cat,looks pretty scared.

dino

That's just a pic I found on the net, not Bertie. He's gotten used to dad's noise making and just gets under the bed if he sees me going into the music room or headed for the vacuum cleaner. smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass