1 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-08-17 01:34:34)

Topic: Are We Still Doin' The CD/Stream?

Because I'm still working on it as if we are.

As promised, I contacted my former drumming friend Michael Huey, who is now a music publisher in addition to his producing career to help us, but unfortunately, he's so busy he's afraid he won't be able to help us enough to do a good job for us.........

In case you missed it earlier, here is the WiKi page of Michael Huey, drummer/producer and all around nice guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Huey

And here is what he wrote:

Hi Bill-

Good to hear from you . . . and, yes, you did thank me for the photos.
Glad you like them and can use them in your music room.

I'm flattered that you are so generous with your praise of my career.....

As far as producing a CD for your group, I'm busy with my publishing company,
and really wouldn't have the time necessary to do a good job for you.

Please keep me posted on how everything is going with you, and with the CD.

I look forward to hearing it when you're finished . . . best of success!

All The Best,
Michael

www.HueyTunes.com

=======================================================

So we're rolling, and speaking of rolling. I have decided to name my song "The Cigarette Train". I may have mentioned I have been in touch with the Georgia Railway Society to help me research the 1903 train wreck which spilled so many cigarettes across the countryside that even non-smokers got hooked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmYfjlr0GFA

Anyway, I'm still working to get us a producer. In the meanwhile, y'all's job is to 1. decide what you're going to perform and 2. Decide what charity (ies) you wiih to support with the sales of the finished product. I'm pretty sure which ones Peter Benson and myself wil support, but we need to decide if there will be others.

Thanks!

Bill

EDITED TO ADD: If I were to go FULL-TILT BOOGIE BATGUANO between now and then, my wish is that y'all finish for me, okay? smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Are We Still Doin' The CD/Stream?

Okay, you read Michael's response to me, so now here's my response to him. He's a great guy, so let's please not diss him because he doesn't have the time to do a good enough job of producing our cd for us, okay, please?

===============================================================

Hi Michael

Of course you're busy and I thank you for even reading our request.

The guys and ladies on Chordie, as I stated, are awed at your list of accomplishments and I'm strutting around like Barney Fife hitching up his trousers because we know each other. *:) happy

I certainly will let you know how things go and will send/link you to the finished product. I think I might even be able to find a production company around here that would work with us.

I am proud to still be able to do this.

What was it the Doo-Dah man said? "Better Living Through Chemistry"? Yeah my patches (Aricept) help and so do a few other drugs.

All the best always to you and yours,

Bill

==================================================

So now you know how far I've come to prepare our CD, and I am not stopping here.

Your friend

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Our friend RickyJack just brought up something we've discussed before: possibly copyright infringement.

I am about 80% sure I can get us a volunteer lawyer to help us with that, but I believe the first thing we have to decide is where the final product will be released?

If here in the good ol' USA, I can handle it; if across the pond, it becomes Her Majesty's problem. And as we all knowhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzb5QABCmak

This is, of course predicated on who and where our producer resides, yes?

I know ---- it can get complicated, this musicating ----- but if we all work together in committees the work will be much easier https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk_-XWpUFmU

Hello?

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Hmm... that sounds like a lot of extra work I wouldn't have thought necessary.  smile  In my world, it would have been a simple - everyone contributes, someone burns cds, someone makes some cool cover art, someone sets up an online market to sell them. 

Producer, lawyer, publisher... it's all over my head!  LOL!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

mekidsmom wrote:

Hmm... that sounds like a lot of extra work I wouldn't have thought necessary.  smile  In my world, it would have been a simple - everyone contributes, someone burns cds, someone makes some cool cover art, someone sets up an online market to sell them. 

Producer, lawyer, publisher... it's all over my head!  LOL!

Yeah seems a bit taking the fun out, honestly.

6 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-08-19 13:37:00)

All we would need the lawyer for, would be if one of us wanted to do a cover, as I see it. If it's all original work - no problem. Also, y'all would want this to sound as clean as possible, right? So why not let me find us a producer/studio that will donate the work? Unless one of US has one.

Also, my friend is a publisher. That just came from a thread about him. We don't need his publishing services. I'd just like to help make this thing happen. Call it a bucket list thing.

I can get most of our answers off the net. smile

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Bill ...

I had originally thought I'd like to contribute. After thinking it through more, I'm just not equipped to record anything, and I don't know anyone I could call on to do this without a cost. Guess that means I'll have to (reluctantly) bow out.

8 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-08-23 12:09:43)

Okay, but I'm still working on mine. Once I get "The Cigarette Train" all researched, written and recorded, I'll put it on youtube and on my blog with a donate button to both Alzheimer's Research and the American Cancer Society. Not on YT, just on the blog with the button.

We'll call it my "swan song", since it'll be my last foray into the studio. Luckily there's a guy just down the road from me, and I can get him a little at the time till I get done.

Any Georgia Chordites who may wanna pitch in talent would be welcome.

But.....I'm gonna do this thing.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Why has chordie become covered by pop up adverts that cannot be closed?  I would like to shoot Argos as their advert is one. I cannot see the words and chords on an android tablet.
Please sort this out.

Bill  I  dont  know  if  this    will  help   but  check  out  this  link  to  the  we  shall  over  come  week end  in the  UK  Joe  Solo  the  organiser  has  put  this  down load  together  with tracks  from the  participating  acts  .This  will  be  changed  weekly  over  a  4 week  period  to  enable  every  ones  tracks  to  be  down loaded  .Its  a free  download  but  donations   will  be   accepted  for  the  nominated  charity
https://joesolomusic.bandcamp.com/album … l-overcome

Graham,

Thanks for the link, my friend. I've been kinda busy of late. but as soon as I can I hope to catch up and visit bandcamp.

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass