Topic: compare these two guitars for me (I'm a lefty, hard to find in stores)

I'd like peoples' opinions about the "SOUND QUALITY" of:
Recording King - RNJ-26-NA  &  ROS-06 guitars, (I know the differences in specs).
Thanks loads, rondena

Re: compare these two guitars for me (I'm a lefty, hard to find in stores)

Sorry, I'm not familiar with either of this. If you have no concerns about build quality with either of them, let your ears and hands decide for you. Choose the one that sounds right to you, and plays comfortably in your hands ... it will be your own personal winner. Good luck!

Like I said before, the REASON I'm asking other people who might be familiar with these two guitars is because I cannot play them myself since I play left handed (you see, it's hard enough to find the guitars in the store, and then if you find them, it's next to impossible to find them left handed). That's why I'm asking. That's what I thought a forum is all about...helping others.

Hi Rondena,

It is not that no one wants to help you but there are three problems with your request.

Firstly: The guitars in question are an obscure manufacture so the chances are that very few of us (if any) have every played one. I have never heard of this make before.

Secondly: No two guitars are the same, even identical models from the same manufacturer can play and sound different.

Thirdly: As Doug pointed out; how a guitar sounds and plays is a very personal thing and what one person likes another hates. I loathe Gibson guitars, they feel like a brick in my hands and they never sound sweet to me, but many people will swear that they are the best thing since sliced bread.

I can only suggest if you know someone who plays, and you like the sound of their instrument, take them to the store where you have seen them and let them handle them both. Even a righty can assess the action of a lefty guitar and get an idea of the tone for you.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I'd love to help ya, but never touched either of those guitars.  Good luck.  Maybe ... maybe ... someone will come on that has.  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I've played a few Recording King guitars.  I don't know the models of the ones I played, but they were knock-offs of old Martins in design.  Their sound is consistently good, with their strength in the mid-tones.  Lows are a bit soft.  I don't know anything about the quality of their electrics.  My preferred size has been the OM size (comparing to my Breedlove OM Retro).  The dreadnaught was a little too big for comfort to my shoulder.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude