Topic: Ad blocking the page

How can you read guitar chords if your ads keep trying to sell stuff?!

Kinda disappointed.

Re: Ad blocking the page

horvax wrote:

How can you read guitar chords if your ads keep trying to sell stuff?!

Kinda disappointed.

Screen shot?

Also one of our mods will be along soon to help you out. Sorry you are having a problem.

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

3 (edited by Doug_Smith 2015-08-18 06:23:24)

Greetings horvax,  Sorry you are having problems.  If it makes you feel better, you are not the only one and you might check out this thread discussing the problem:  http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=27285

As well as a more recent one concerning the same on an Android device, which is corrected by choosing display in desktop format. http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=28000

But generally it is more helpful if you would give us some specifics, such as the type of device, operating system, browser, and if you are running adblocking extensions (or not) and the version of that you are using.  It is in the queue for getting ironed out, but with all the various hardware/software combinations out there, and most of the conflicts able to be worked around with adjusting settings, more info is better served than just stating an issue.

Thanks;
Doug

Edited to add:  Second link reference.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

This otherwise excellent site has now become next to unusable since an ad covers the first verse of any song I try to view. Requesting the desktop version does not help.
I am using a lenova android tablet with an 11inch screen I think.

I found that the site works fine when viewed through Firefox. I was using chrome before.

So why don't you just fix it.  Just picked up my guitar again after moving and was so disappointed to see the blocking ads.  It took me 2 days to figure out how to get around them and try to get a new pass word.  The ads we blocking the password area  was super frustrating.  Finally got logged in to fund out the ads were still here on my s5.  If you want us to sign up for a fee to get rid of them, at least tell us.
F $@

Hey Dave, I get you're frustrated - this website is free to use, it's not a business, there's no customer support getting paid or website developers getting paid - it has been created by a man who dabbles with websites and guitar in his free time.  This website is a hobby.  Like many hobbies, it costs money to keep it going and the ads help offset the costs of hosting fees.  We've explained to you in another thread, and referred you to directions and are happy to help you troubleshoot and find a work around for the issue you're having in your own thread about the issue. Please don't hijack other threads.

hj298, I'm glad to hear you were able to get the site working properly and the ads no longer blocking the page with firefox!  Thanks for reporting back to us!  smile  Strum on!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I also enjoy. Chordie and glade I found it but on Chrome it adds block the best part of the page. I am using a android Tybalt.  I tried foxfire and it works a lot better. Thanks but I do like Chrome better Thanks again for building chordie

Yeah, sadly it looks like Chrome is being persnickety about allowing mobile devices to view as a desktop.  Hopefully they fix their mobile browser, as it USED to work wonderfully on mobile.  I have a feeling that completely rebuilding the website is not an option for our creator, the admin, aka Per. as it would be quite an job to rebuild the entire site without really making money on it. 

For anyone reading... more details are available here regarding Ads blocking the page: http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=28070

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.