Topic: Chordiestock IV - save the date! - 3/17/16 - 3/20/16

September is here -  that means it's only 6 more months to Chordiestock IV. For me, 6 months seems like a long time away to plan a vacation, but for those across the pond or with other obligations, the time may be necessary.

Every single chordiestock has been better than last and I expect the coming year will be no different. The event will be held at my home in Madeira Beach, FL - the same place as last year. Music will be played for at least 18 hours each day. Food, adult beverages, story telling and laughs will be abundant.

I can put up 6 or 8 folks inside plus another 4 or so in a tent if you don't mind camping in the backyard. May have a camper available in the driveway this year as well. There are plenty of hotels and campsites nearby.

Those who have been here can attest to the great time and most make it back. I look forward to this weekend all year!

I'll get around to making a facebook event page eventually, but for now I just wanted to announce the date for those folks who need the time to plan a trip! (I hope Roger and Paul can make a return trip!)

Here's a link to last years thread that should answer most questions and has a bunch of pics.

http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=24511

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me or just post 'em here. All chordieans are welcome!

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/11051803_10206294472990887_4435697007524526458_o.jpg

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/t31.0-8/11070674_10206262113021908_3797703267037912682_o.jpg

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Re: Chordiestock IV - save the date! - 3/17/16 - 3/20/16

It's always fun. And the neighbors are cool. About 2:00 one morning had us still jamming. I asked Topdown, "Don't your neighbors mind the music so late at night?" The reply came from over the fence, "No!" His other neighbor was hanging with us on the porch.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

It's very good of you to fix a date so far in advance, really helps with planning etc. But I'm going to be in big trouble if I don't bring Mrs Norm this time!
Cheers!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Wonderful fun and grand memories from the past 3. Gets better each year ! Jeff is an incredible host.

You know there aint no party like a Chordiestock party, somebody say "Oh yeah !"

Give everything but up.

How about putting some names to the faces?

The King Of Audio Torture

From left: Roscoe Jones, ROGER GUPPY, ZURF, Patrick, Bee Rad, Wyatt, Steve, SOUTHPAW, BEAMER, that guy, WLBAYE, TOPDAWG, TOPDOWN, Keith (also Ned).

Chordians in caps.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

7 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-09-08 12:11:30)

If I can keep the missus healthy, I am cautiously optimistic about attending, Top. I'm going to check flights and stuff and see how close I can get with an "aereo-plane" before we'll need to rent a vehicle. Unfortunately, with 5 recent hospital admissions cost is also a factor to be considered, but with 6 months' time, something can be worked out, I am hoping.

Thank you for the heads up, and it will be a pleasure to meet Zurf and the whole gang of ya's*. wink

Bill

ETA: *If it happens

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Sorry Tops,
Won't be able to make it, I work a 14 day on and 14 off rotation. It lands in the middle of my 14 on. Hopefully next time.........

Later, Wayne P

^ Wayne - I would have hoped that with this much notice schedules could be rearranged, but if that's not possible, I certainly want to accommodate you. If you can make the following weekend (3/24 - 3/27) and no one here raises objections, I can certainly change it.

You are one of the few who have made it to all three events - I sure would like for you to be able to keep the streak going! (and we'd all miss the hell out of Lizzy if you couldn't make it).

10 (edited by unclejoesband 2015-09-08 21:31:46)

As was the case last year, I won't be able to commit until I know if there is snow in the forecast for whatever week you decide on.

Sounds like another combo trip to visit my daughters in Florida and also spend time with my chordie family.  Unless something comes up, I'm pretty sure I can make it again.  I doubt if I can drag Jen away from our youngest grandson so I'll probably be by myself.  I'd like to reserve a tent site in the back yard if there's room.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Just want to bump this post and gauge the early interest. I've created a facebook event page and sent invites to those who are friends there. If you are on facebook, and haven't friended me yet look me up. Jeff Taylor. Hope some of those folks from across the pond can make it again this year. I figure I can squeeze 8 guests or so in the house, plus maybe a few outside in tents - let me know if you need accommodations. I'll make an airline run to Tampa on Thursday afternoon / evening and again on Monday morning -there are cheap shuttle options if those dates / times work into your plans.

Ask anybody who has attended any of the first 3 - this is a party you don't want to miss and gets better every year!

Bumping this post back up - 4 months or so away - so far the only chordie probables are from Dirty Ed and Zurf (well Zurf is a given). A few maybe's - beamer, uncle joe, wayne, strummerboy. Anybody else making plans? I sure hope BGD can come this year and that Normtheguitar can make it again! It sounds pretty likely there will be an extra special guest star this year, Hint - he is Norwegian, his name starts with a P and is primarily responsible for enabling this wonderful family of chordians to meet one another.

I'm going to publicize a previously private tradition. As a frequent traveler, I have an abundance of airline miles - more than I will ever use. In years past, I have always treated a couple chordians to free airfare. (Unfortunately, these are with Southwest and do not apply to those across the pond). I plan on doing the same thing this year, so if you are on the fence and the cost of a flight is what's holding you back, please send me a private message - I'll see what I can do smile

It was such a blast that I was hoping to be able to make it again in 2016 to meet everyone again (including the very pretty neighbour smile ) but I am afraid it looks extremely unlikely. sad

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Gary, aka Garuchi, is planning to come this year. He bought a new car, so hopefully he won't get stranded along I-95.

Newbie here, but I would like to make it next year. This gives me an excuse to visit my Bro in Jacksonville and also see Key West.
ROCKEY97
Leo from Galveston, TX

Man I hope I can make it this year. As with years prior please count me as a tentative yes. Hopefully work emergencies and new babies won't keep me away in '16.

Zurf - From what you've told me about Garuchi, he will fit right in and I'm looking forward to meeting him!

Rockey - Sure hope you can make it. If you like having a good time, I can pretty well assure you, you will find it at chordiestock!

BGD - Joe - This party needs you and you need this party. Got a feeling chordiestock IV is gonna be the best one yet! (Until V of course!). Be sure to invite Matt and his wife to join in.

Last year we strayed a little from our roots and had a plugged in jam on Saturday for several hours. This year, I have set aside Friday for those who want to plug in - I'll set those folks up inside so we don't blow the neighbors too far away. Acoustic pickers can still have the back porch on Friday and Saturday will be an acoustic campfire jam as is our tradition.

Still not looking good for us, but with a recent buy out of the company I work for its possible I could be laid off.
Then it will party time 😎

Later, Wayne P

topdown wrote:

Zurf - From what you've told me about Garuchi, he will fit right in and I'm looking forward to meeting him!

He'll want to make the electric event for sure.  He's a great campfire picker but the things he does with an electric ought to be illegal.  And maybe they are, but probably not in Florida.

Don't think I'm gonna make this one guys, its a long way from WA to Fl.  I may have the days but IDK about the rest.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Just about 3 months away now. Anybody firming up plans? Paul??

Only 2 Months away now, time to start firming up the guest list. Here's what I've got so far for musicians - of course there will be family, friends, dancers and drinkers as well. Every year has been better than the past. A good time is guaranteed! Would love to see more names added to the "confirmed" list!!

Confirmed Chordians: Me, Zurf, Topdawgz, Dirty Ed, Southpaw41L
Confirmed Locals or other non-chordie folks: Cowboy, Wyatt, Bee, Roger, BlackRob, Paddy, Pepper, The Steve, Roscoe, Jeremy, Jeff G, David

Maybe Chordians: Wlbaye, BGD, ROCKEY97, Garuchi, UJB, Strummerboy, normtheguitar, and Super Guest Star - Mr. Admin himself.... PER! 
Maybe others: Chic, Rick, Sergio, Kevin, Mario, Shawn, Natalie, many others

Hi Topdown
From down here in New Zealand.
Even though I wont be at your wonderful Chordiestock I will  be thinking of you all. Here is a music game you might want to try.  First you descide on two or three chords. You also need a clock or a timer 3 minutes is usually a good length of time. You then select a subject could be anything Cars, Dogs, Love, Travel, losing your way, Whatever.
You then chose the people who are going to sing maybe four to six each will have to adlib one line then pass on singing next line to another singer,
1 Start clock
2 A selected Person then plays a rift using selected chords it doesnt matter if they get it wrong.
3 After about 10 seconds everyone else joins in with their instruments doing what they can or feel like playing.
4 Now the fun part all adlib. So say you have selected  four singers they all sing a line each made up on the spot about the subject chosen.
5 After selected time stop.
6 Work out a chorus lyric for everyone to sing, from what you have just done alowing participants only two minutes to figure one out.
7 Give the Chorus about three practise runs to get everyone in sinc sort of.
8 Get a recording device and set your clock again for whatever length of time you want it to be. Also select a conductor whose job  is to let everyone know when to sing the chorus.
9 Start recorder and clock. Alow an extra length of time for Chorus.
10 Everyone trying to remember what they had done before and descided on, which no one ever does, go for for it in the length of time you have set.
11 The same individual singers will try and sing their lines from before with everyone doing the chorus.
11 Play back recording of what you have just done and have a laugh about it.
12 If it works out good save what you have done to share with rest of the world..

I look forward to viewing and hearing the things that are put up online from Chordiestock.

That sounds like it takes a certain amount of sobriety.  The Chordiestock crowd may need a neutral coach like on "Whats my line" smile  LOLOL

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)