Topic: Settle Victoria hall gig

The  Settle  Victoria  hall    has  kindly  given me  and  the  band    a  Saturday night  spot  in November   we  plan to  offer support  slots  to  local bands  .The  hall  is  a  great  venue  and  run purely  by  volunteers    who  do  a  great  job  providing   entertainment  to  the  area .
After  placing  an ad  on face  book  I  was  inundated   by   a  host  of  "how  much  are  you  paying " replys
.Sure  its  great   to  play  and  get  payed  but  when   you  are  offering   an  opportunity  to  new or  inexperienced  acts a chance  to  play  on a  real stage  in a  real theatre  ,I  dont  understand  the  responses .
I  want to  play and  support  the  theatre and  I  don't  get  payed  for  this ,I see  it  as  a  service  to  the  community
Any way  I'll get  down  off  my  soap  box .
If  any  one  from Chordie  wants  a  slot  its  a  rock  and  blues  night  give  me an  email  with  a demo ,You  wont  get  payed  but  youll  have  a  blast

Re: Settle Victoria hall gig

Good to see you are playing for yourcommunity.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman