Topic: BAND NAME

We  are  having  a  terrible  time  finding  a  name   for the  band  everything  we've  come  up  with  so far  is  either  unsuitable    or already  in use .I've  tried  one  of  these  name  generator  things  and  the  crap  that's thrown up  is  laughable .

Re: BAND NAME

Ooooh I love these projects. What kind of vibe are you going for?

Thats  the  problem BGD   something  that  represents  the original folk rock progressive blues stuff  we do ..lol  and  doesn't  come  across sounding  like  a tribute  act .

Two more questions:

What do you mean when you say names are "unsuitable?" Can you give me examples of those names?

What are some names you guys liked that are already taken?

Well, how about "Unsuitable"..?...... (ie: jacket & tie do not apply, we won't wear 'em you don't haf'ta)  implies laid back, informal, or casual.
Much like the music, working class and surely not "stuffy".

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

We thought  of  the  name   Mothers  of Convention  but  that  sounds  too much  like  a Zappa  tribute  act  other  names  Like  sawdust  on the  floor   perhaps   sounds  like  a  howling  wolf   tribute  or  a  more  traditional  blues  act .
Others  such  as  usual  suspects ,  killing  floor  demolition crew   have  all  been used or  are  in use .
I  do  like  Dougs  suggestion Unsuitable .

as you play the blues  how about  Rusty Nail

The King Of Audio Torture

Don't suppose you'd accept "Graham and The Crackers", would you, Grah?

smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

The  guys   settled  the  name   last  week  its  Definitely Not

10 (edited by dino48 2015-09-10 00:32:53)

Borderline band? or maybe No borders band

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I have 2 opinions about the name y'all chose, Grah

Radio Announcer: "Playing tonight (this weekend): Definitely Not!" - so no one shows up

That was opinion number one

Radio Announcer: "Playing tonight (this weekend): The cleverly titled band, Definitely Not - a lot of people show up because of the clever name.

And that was number two.

As to "Graham and The Crackers": I would not have chosen it either, my friend, simply because it evokes comedy and a party band, which y'all are ....... ahem....... Definitely Not. smile smile smile

Forgive an old comic for trying? wink

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

12 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-09-10 01:02:09)

dino48 wrote:

Borderline band? or maybe No borders band

I like "No Borders Band" better Dino.

Borderline Band makes me think of a bunch of guys who may be borderline..... you know....... schizos?

So I vote with you for "No Borders Band" (and maybe even drop the name "Band").

Good one, Dino. smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

good bill but it is up too graham and his band I hope we can help him.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman