Topic: Boss Ns-2 Noise Suppressor

Okay, so i just bought a Randall Rg75 G2.  Absolutely an awesome amp.  But, probably due to my crappy guitars, and their crappy pickups, the high gain channel has an unbelievable amount of feedback, and i can't let go of the strings without instant noise and feedback.  I have been reading and reaserching on the Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor, but I still have one question.  Does this thing have the ability to minimize the amount of noise and feedback coming from my amp, or just the hiss from other pedals?  Also, what's your opinions on it?

Re: Boss Ns-2 Noise Suppressor

Noise suppressors are helpful primarily for internal circuitry noise reduction. If you're standing too close to your amp or getting interference from neon lights, laptop computers, or other wave signal sending devices, the NS-2 isn't gonna do very much. Perhaps a slight relocation of your amp might be the solution to your problem. I love Boss pedals though, they're all I use. You could also try changing the order of your pedal location, swith 'em around, tinker with your sound, ya know?

Give everything but up.

SouthPaw41L wrote:

Noise suppressors are helpful primarily for internal circuitry noise reduction. If you're standing too close to your amp or getting interference from neon lights, laptop computers, or other wave signal sending devices, the NS-2 isn't gonna do very much. Perhaps a slight relocation of your amp might be the solution to your problem. I love Boss pedals though, they're all I use. You could also try changing the order of your pedal location, swith 'em around, tinker with your sound, ya know?

Southpaw41L is correct the noise gate (suppressor) is for electronic noises or a filter for your signal chain so to speak. He is also correct in saying that you have to move away from your amp so you don't feed back.

Bootlegger.
Bootlegger guitars.

Thanks to both of you.  I was just trying to figure out an excuse that i could use to tell myself that this thing would help the feedback and hum from my amp, heh.  Just thinking logically if you say it reduces electronic noises, i have noticed that most of the buzz is actually coming from my guitar(ex.  touch a string and the buzz is barely audible, however, when not touching a string it is much louder)so if i put it inbetween my guitar and my amp, wouldnt that help?  sorry if im being kinda argumentative, like i said, i really want this to somehow work, and from all the reviews iv read it seems like a lot of people just stuck it between the guitar and the amp and got results.  Which is why i am confused and am trying to figure out how that is possible.

Tone_Obsession94 wrote:

Thanks to both of you.  I was just trying to figure out an excuse that i could use to tell myself that this thing would help the feedback and hum from my amp, heh.  Just thinking logically if you say it reduces electronic noises, i have noticed that most of the buzz is actually coming from my guitar(ex.  touch a string and the buzz is barely audible, however, when not touching a string it is much louder)so if i put it inbetween my guitar and my amp, wouldnt that help?  sorry if im being kinda argumentative, like i said, i really want this to somehow work, and from all the reviews iv read it seems like a lot of people just stuck it between the guitar and the amp and got results.  Which is why i am confused and am trying to figure out how that is possible.

From what you are describing as fas as buzzing is actually in correct grounding (or earth) in your guitar. You can also buy some shielding tape and tape sheild your pick guard and pickup cavatiy.

Bootlegger.

crappy guitars. Dear Tone_Obsession94, related with your topic is: what do you mean with "crappy" guitars you have, I love to ask what kind of guitar(brand) you use.
I am sure that the topic you wrote is a very good one. Personally,  I have a few top brands (PRS- Fender - Gibson, know a lot of these guitars, and I play not so bad. I use more effector processor.
I own 4 a line6, Fender Cybertwin  (lots of possibilities) a 10 year old zoom 8080, and a very small, a KORGA PANDORA: you can, in my humble opinion, try them out. HERE MY ANSWER: you can reduce noise with the equipment I have.
HEAR YOU

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

heh, here goes.  The two electrics i own are an epiphone Les Paul Special II,(Almost sounds nice, but its really only like 140$ american) and i really dont mind this one, its light, and the playability is pretty good, but the pickups are extremely screwed up, though i suppose it is near ten years old now.  and then i have another les paul, but to tell the truth its even a lower brand then epiphone.  I made a huge mistake by picking this one up at an electronics store.  Buying on impulse sucks huh.  My Acoustic i like however, and that doesnt create any noise, even on the gain channels.  It is an Ibanez V70CE.  Thanks for asking