1 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-09-14 13:29:47)

Topic: "The Cigarette Train" (Cont'd From An Earlier Post)

So just to keep you updated: I have not heard back from the historical people about this train wreck, so "damn the torpedoes full speed ahead", as far as I am concerned. I have copies of all e-mails, plus everything I wrote about wanting to do the right thing here on Chordie, so I will go ahead and write the song as I see fit.

Any discussion?

My plan is to do "sketches" of words (not music, as "The Maestro Van Beethoven" used to do) and every now and then submit them here in the "Songwriting Forum" for you to help me, if you will.

Once we get the lyrics fastened down, hopefully some virtuosos like BGD ("Bald Guitar Dude") and others will help with music.

Again: at 65, I don't care about royalties, so let's share songwriting credits, y'all want to?

Again, any discussion????

Thank You!

Bill

ETA: Almost forgot our THEME SONG!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmYfjlr0GFA

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: "The Cigarette Train" (Cont'd From An Earlier Post)

Hey Bill - this post would probably be better in the songwriting section rather than "about chordie" - perhaps one of the mods of this section will move it there for you.  To help with any confusion as well, it might be best to keep to one thread... then the ideas will all be in one place easier to find (like a file).  Of course, I may just be a little OCD with things like that, so consider it a suggestion - not a moderator order or anything like that.  smile 

I don't think of myself as much of a writer or composer, although once in a while I write a song.  I am EXCITED to see how your song comes out though, and keep my eyes posted on the Ciggie train threads!  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

10-4 Good Buddie! Wilco and roger. I was getting confused my own self, to tell the truth! smile

Thanks for letting me know, Amy smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

4 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-09-15 16:36:22)

I've written a total of 4 lines which are keepers, Amy and, as you know, I have been trying to get some historical facts regarding the wreck, but since I have heard absolutely nothing, I am writing it on my own using poetic license.

Now, if I could just get the "Monkey And The Engineer" out of my head. wink smile

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Strummerboy Bill wrote:

Now, if I could just get the "Monkey And The Engineer" out of my head. wink smile

Bill

Once it gets in there it does kinda get stuck doesn't it? smile I've still got it in my head from your "C" chord thread.