Re: Football 2015-2016 season

dino48 wrote:

Hey Jerome I watched the game today it was alot of good action the hawks scored alot of points the last quarter but the lost in the ovetime.Rams defense is good. 49ers play mon night, and I did not get too see Green Bay s game the did not put it on here.

Yeah, dang Rams. I hate those guys!  big_smile

Thoughts on that game.

1. The Seahawks pass rush is pretty dang good.
2. The Seahawks defense gave up way too many 3rd and long conversions, and that's ultimately what killed them.
3. That goofy on-sides kick going into overtime is going to replace the final play of last year's Superb Owl for the "What were they thinking?" bar discussion of the year.
4.  The offensive line is.... offensive.  I think I could find a spot on that roster.   Their starting center was a defensive end three years ago, and their starting right tackle was a tight end a year ago.   They have to do something about that, or Wilson is going to die out there.

In other notes of the day, the aforementioned Winstion / Mariota rookie watch had an interesting start, as the two QBs faced off for their NFL debuts.  Winston's start looked pretty much like one would expect of a rookie QB in the NFL making his first start.  First pass was a pick/six, and he tossed another int, along with two TDs and four sacks.  Mariota, though... Holy cow!   Four TDS and a perfect 158.3 QBR after his first start.  The guy looked like the second coming of John Elway.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Jerome, what you said........ Let me have an Amen!

On the Collegiate side though, I am so embarassed to be a Beaver today!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Doug_Smith wrote:

Jerome, what you said........ Let me have an Amen!

Amen!

On the Collegiate side though, I am so embarassed to be a Beaver today!

You know, there's a joke in here about being embarrassed to be a Beaver every day.  But I'm not gonna tell it.  No siree.  wink

Seriously, though, that Michigan running back is a battering ram.  No shame in getting knocked over by him.

Overall I was happy with the Packers anytime the Packers play the Bears it is a weird game strange things seem to happen but Rogers looked sharp once he got warmed up so next week Seattle comes to Green Bay no predictions but think the Seahawks will be 0 and 2 when they leave at least that is what I am hoping time will tell smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Sadly, I agree with Russ.   No way the Seahawks beat Green Bay in their home opener looking like they do.

Heck, Chicago week three, they might lose that one, too.

I dont think the Seahawks should have let Golden Tate go he is phenominal

32 (edited by dino48 2015-09-15 00:14:34)

Russell_Harding wrote:

I agree with you Russell but  Pete Carrol knows what he is doing. Forty niners now have one or two Rugby players that were very good in pre-season#38 and a kicker that went too a special rugby kicking school. I know #38 made it but not sure about the kicker.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Russell_Harding wrote:

I love Golden Tate, but he was a salary cap casualty more than anything else.   The Seahawks had just picked up Percy Harvin and were expecting him to take on the #1 receiver role in addition to paying him a mountain of cash.  Hindsight being 20/20, that didn't work out too well and I'm sure they would love to have Tate back, but he wanted to get paid, and in fairness, had earned that.  No one is begrudging him his money, and watching him turn into a star is pretty cool.

34 (edited by dino48 2015-09-15 20:26:22)

The 49ers played a good game last night beat the vikings 20 to3. they changed alotof plays and brought in alot of new players,I hope they can do decent this year. I do not like the alternate uniforms at all! (they are only going too wear them twice a year). Jerome he deserved a big pay raise and these caps do hurt most teams somewhat.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Everybody got munchies & beverages?  Seahawks and Packers this evening...... should be a good match as usual but I'm thinking Green Bay will take this one.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Doug_Smith wrote:

Everybody got munchies & beverages?  Seahawks and Packers this evening...... should be a good match as usual but I'm thinking Green Bay will take this one.

Hi doug espn tv predicts Green bay over the Seahawks. My 49ers got beat bad by the Steelers they have a real strong defence.

Good game hard hitting and exciting to watch Packer 27 Seahawks 17 I was impressed with Russell Wisons running and accuracy in his throwing I felt the tide shifting in the 3rd quarter but Aaron cool as ever had other ideas. My hats off to the offensive line they protected Aaron and opened a few holes and on the other side the "Beast" Marshawn Lynch was tamed to just 43 yards rushing it is still to early to make any predictions hopefully Eddie Lacy and Dvante Adams will mend quickly. smile

Pats shut down those mouthy Bills...   lovin it...

badeye   cool

one caper after another

Badeye ... I also enjoyed that match. Lots of points scored against a high-priced defensive line. I know the Pat's have been branded as cheaters lately, but they're in good company, i.e., all the other 31 NFL teams. Check out this website for entertainment:

http://yourteamcheats.com

Good Sunday night game, I see we have too play Green Bay in our forth week sure hope we improve by then.

Tenement Funster wrote:

Badeye ... I also enjoyed that match. Lots of points scored against a high-priced defensive line. I know the Pat's have been branded as cheaters lately, but they're in good company, i.e., all the other 31 NFL teams. Check out this website for entertainment:

http://yourteamcheats.com

49ers and another team have the most but if you read them they got caught and punished and most were minor. The deflagate was a bigger Issue as it was a Super Bowl game.

Seahawks looked like the Sadhawks of olde!   The defense is really not bringing it, and the o-line is still really, really bad.   When you have Jimmy Grahm on offense and you use most of his snaps as a pass blocker, that says something, and it's not good.   

The only positive thing I can say about that game is that I watched it from a restaurant in Palm Springs.  smile

jerome.oneil wrote:

Seahawks looked like the Sadhawks of olde!   The defense is really not bringing it, and the o-line is still really, really bad.   When you have Jimmy Grahm on offense and you use most of his snaps as a pass blocker, that says something, and it's not good.   

The only positive thing I can say about that game is that I watched it from a restaurant in Palm Springs.  smile

Palm Springs that's agood place as anyone can want. I think the Seahawks will get more in sync over the next couple of games they have too many great players on there team. I wish Wilson would slide more he is going too take too much punishment for a quarterback. I think Green Bay will beat the 49ers also.

Kam is back!   WOOOO!!!!

jerome.oneil wrote:

Kam is back!   WOOOO!!!!

Hi Jerome who is kam?

dino48 wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

Kam is back!   WOOOO!!!!

Hi Jerome who is kam?

Kam Chancellor.  He's the "Boom" in the Legion of Boom.  Imagine Ronnie Lott, Kenny Easly, and Lawrence Taylor all rolled up into one quiet, really fast strong safety.   The dude just trucks people. 

Remember early in the Superbowl against Denver when Damarius Thomas caught a pass on the hashes at the 40yard line and then got hit so hard he stood  up on the 32?   That was Kam Chancellor.  He had been holding out over some contract dispute, and is now back on the roster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-unD33mV8Os

jerome.oneil wrote:
dino48 wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

Kam is back!   WOOOO!!!!

Hi Jerome who is kam?

Kam Chancellor.  He's the "Boom" in the Legion of Boom.  Imagine Ronnie Lott, Kenny Easly, and Lawrence Taylor all rolled up into one quiet, really fast strong safety.   The dude just trucks people. 

Remember early in the Superbowl against Denver when Damarius Thomas caught a pass on the hashes at the 40yard line and then got hit so hard he stood  up on the 32?   That was Kam Chancellor.  He had been holding out over some contract dispute, and is now back on the roster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-unD33mV8Os

Now I remember him he is a great player.

48 (edited by dino48 2015-09-28 18:36:08)

The 49ers got there clocks cleaned yesterday!!! Arizonia is looking good.

Arizona is probably going to win the NFC West, I think.  As long as Carson Palmer doesn't blow out some critical joint or snap his liver in half or something.

In college news, Oregon has fallen out of the top 25 for the first time since 2009.  So I'm going to enjoy this moment for the time being.   Cal is looking really good, which I like to see.  With alumni like Aaron Rodgers, Tony Gonzalez, and Marshawn Lynch, they should have good years occasionally.

Also:  The Bears are not a good football team.  The Seahawks stomping on them didn't convince me their problems are fixed, but I'm hopeful.

Brady Bunch looking real good....

badeye    cool

one caper after another