1 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-09-23 17:55:55)

Topic: Gaps At Top And Bottom Of Chordie Screen

Hey Everyone

Yes, I have a 2 inch gap at the bottom and 1 inch at the top of my screen and I don't know what to do to get it stretched out so it fits over the desktop screen. I run W7 on google chrome on a 8 gB RAM, ASUS machine, if anyone knows a fix for this. I have tried "stretching" at the top and bottom, but that doesn't help.

Screen res is 1360x768 ---- the largest.

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Re: Gaps At Top And Bottom Of Chordie Screen

do you have an ad blocker?

Yes, I use AdBlock, BGD.

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

4 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-09-23 19:20:30)

I went ahead and wrote AdBlock's support staff to see if they can help me. It seems I have more problems with google than I do with FireFox, but all three have these aggravating little annoyances.

The only place I do not have the gap problem is in my Warcraft game and in my YouTube videos. There I can go full screen with no gaps.

Thanks!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Well, that'll do it.  smile  There's supposed to be ads there.  You blocked em.  Now you're getting blank space where they should be, and you're probably looking at the page all screwy from what it *should look like too. 

See here for more info:  http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=28070
Scroll down to the part where it says  PC/MAC

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

What she said ^.

Adblockers prevent an ad from being displayed. They don't remove the "billboard" they just whitewash it.

-JL

7 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-09-24 17:30:45)

Ad Blocker wrote me back and gave me some convoluted instructions about copying and pasting something so they could see it when I  replied to their e-mail. Before I could copy and paste it, however, their little red icon jumped to the left of the page and covered something called "News Feed".

When that happened, all my short-cuts stopped working and after 4 unsuccessful system restores, I finally switched browsers and got my machine working again. This was 2 hours later.

I sent them a nice note telling them what I have written above and that I've decided just to let it be. Since then, I've found that F11 enlarges the page and brings it back down to the size of a square. It still doesn't cover the desktop wallpaper, but it's closer than it was before when I use the F11.

Thanks!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass