Topic: It's all Roger's fault!

So... years ago, when Jim and I first got together, I found he had held onto his Dad's old SLR Film camera with all the different lenses and filters.  I played around with it for a while and learned little bit how to take pictures adjusting all the different settings.  Then the camera got bunked up, and I switched to a point and shoot digital.  I used one of those for quite a few years, and missed being able to take nice photos.  They're convenient to toss in a purse and take along, but just not quite IT.  Then, after Roger and I were chatting for a while about different random things, he introduced me to to this cool group of people that take lots of nature photos.  The purpose was so my little one - who ADORES nature - could view the pictures.  Little did Roger know, I once upon a time adored taking pictures.  It was a recipe for change...

Next thing you know, I had to get a new Digital SLR camera.  HAD TO!  It's his fault.

Then he came to visit for the Backyard Gathering and brought along a telephoto lens...  Jim decided I needed to have one (instead of a new guitar or additional gear) as an anniversary present.  Again, all Roger's fault.

AND SO... I present to you, the Super Moon Lunar Eclipse.  I should probably dedicate these to Roger, since it's all his fault.  wink

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfl1/t31.0-8/12039021_10207738439637612_742141548848333696_o.jpg

This addiction is nearly as bad as guitar addictions, and I'm loving it.  On the other hand, when Roger showed up... he also gifted me with an ELECTRIC GUITAR!  So, don't feel too bad for me getting a lens rather than a guitar for the anniversary!  Yes, I've been holding onto this little secret for over a month now.  It's a BEAUTY too!  I'm very intimidated by it, however.  I don't know any scales.  I just finger pick chords, or strum them.  So... I have a long way to go before I feel I will really be able to play it!  I'm reserving an official NGD post until I feel more deserving.   I'll be a closet electric guitar player for a little while.  I feel like I've joined some secret club ... time to step it up and learn how to play!  It's a different beast than my woody Mahogany, that's for sure!  I'm enjoying my time with the "Black Beauty" and am proud to say that I know it's a good guitar and set up properly because I know where it came from and the person that set it up!  THANK YOU again Roger... just remember when the first video shows up, it's all Roger's fault!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Re: It's all Roger's fault!

I say we take Roger's pickle away from him because of all the trouble he causes.

nela

Cool photos Amy! I know how it is with getting cameras almost as bad as guitars I have 3 a Nikon and a new Sony HD MVI movie camera (huge mic's) for stereo music videos photography is a great hobby almost as addicting as Chess with me. smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

NELA wrote:

I say we take Roger's pickle away from him because of all the trouble he causes.

nela

ditto.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

These are beautiful. I vote we get the 5 of these images blown up into poster size for the little one's room. Voila! instant gift for a little one who loves nature,

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Great Pics Amy! It was cloudy here so I didn't get to see much of it

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:

Great Pics Amy! It was cloudy here so I didn't get to see much of it

Yeah, completely overcast here for our viewing pleasure. But I was fortunate enough to have crystal clear, dark sky for an eclipse in Feb. of '09. I took these through my 14mm telescope.

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv39%3A58%3Enu%3D4%3A64%3E6%3B%3B%3E234%3EWSNRCG%3D38348%3B%3C7%3B4349nu0mrj

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv33%3A37%3Enu%3D4%3A64%3E6%3B%3B%3E234%3EWSNRCG%3D38348%3B%3C7%3B3349nu0mrj

http://s3.amazonaws.com/thumbnails.illustrationsource.com/huge.9.47338.JPG

"I like the way you handle responsibility, Roger ... so I'm going to blame some stuff on you."

https://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/fb-animal-gif.gif?w=1280

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger I love the Muppet and the big blue thumbs!!,keep it up. The pictures Amy put up are great.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Great photos, Amy! Nice one, Roger!!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

I'm glad you posted pics of the lunar eclipse Amy. We were not bessed with clear skies. Usually my daughter and grand-daughters stay up and hang out for the celestial shows that nature provides. I'll make sure everyone gets to see your photos, thank you Amy.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Those are great photos Amy and I will gladly take the blame for you taking them. smile xx

Roger

Dang it Roger!  We've talked to you about this.  Now you've gone and encouraged another person.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

roger

Love the muppet approval video-   I want to use it for my eighth graders -  they'll love it.  How can I get for my school computer ?

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Jim,  just copy the link (in blue) from Dino's post that included the quote for Roger's that had it imbedded.  Assuming youhave web access in your classroom, you should be able to display it via your projector to the screen...... I'm also assuming you have that hardware available as well without knowing where exactly you are in the world, and how "tech" your school is.

You could also go to the link, and "save a copy" to your local drive as a .gif file to retrieve at will without the web access. It should play through your usual media player of choice.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Thanks

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Glad everyone enjoyed the photos - especially those that were unable to see it!  Yup, Roger is pretty good at encouraging people by just being his awesome self.  smile  BTW - Kate goes around all the time talking about "bits" of things now, ever since you saved her the "best bit" of your shrimp.  big_smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I like to leave my mark wherever I go. lol

Katie is a very special little girl and has a knack of picking up on the little you say and do. smile

xx