Re: SSDD

Hang in there Bill we are all watching you

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Best of luck.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Our thoughts are with Dondra, yourself, and your son.  Happy thoughts that this resolves the reoccurring issues!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

We will be thinking of you and saying a special prayer for Dondra today. Take care of yourself Bill.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

***UPDATE*** Just before we were due to be transferred, the group of docs taking care of that decided that the tear/hole (or whatever the term is) is healing on its own, so they now want to wait and watch her hemoglobin - the number indicating the red blood cells - to see if it rises, and it has, which is a good thing, but there's been damage to her esophagus and they are giving her a liquid which numbs the esophagus so that she can eat.

Also, she's back in A fib (atrial fibrillation - the heartbeat problem which started all of this) and they don't want to go back in and do an ablation, because now she's a risk for that.

You would have to be there to understand all that is going on -- my explanations don't do this any justice. Just know that we're still laid up in the hospital, Dondra says "hello" to all our friends, and she has an adult coloring book that she's working on and having fun with.

Me? Well, I'm watching her like a hawk while pretending otherwise, and making notes as to what I want to ask the doctor (s) when rounds are made.

There has been very little family support, other than texts (which to me, don't mean squat) and "So and So says to tell you hello", from folks poking their heads in the door.

We're all stressed to the max from one day to the next. Don't be fooled if folks tell you otherwise, 6 hospitalizations in 2 months can tear you to pieces as far as your home life is concerned. Forget "routine". There is no routine except to be right there with your loved one.

Okay. End of whine. Gotta wash some clothes and then back to be with my wife.

Thank you.

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

Bill your stress levels must be off the scale. D and yourself are having such a rough time, I really do hope that you are all back home soon and getting back to normal, if you can remember what normal is.
Best wishes to D, your son and yourself.

Thick as two short planks

Hoping this will go away soon Bill you and Dondra have been through a lot this year.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

33 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-10-13 13:31:41)

UPDATE: Day 12.....

We're still here and expect to be here at least till Wednesday when a decision will be made whether to do more surgery and repair what is bleeding inside her (the esophagus). She's getting Physical Therapy, so she is getting around better in the confines of her room. The house seems very silent and empty, and I can't wait to get back to her after I've slept a bit and done a few chores.  Should any of you wish to speak to her over the phone, the number to the room is (whatever your country code for America is, then)

Caveat: This is NOT something you HAVE to do, just a dumb idea of mine. We both know how much you care about her. And you have cheered her up immensely with your music and your good wishes, so It's not a big deal. Just thought you may want to hear "her drawl, Southern drawl" That comes from a Johnny Cash song, but I can't remember which one. Off to the grocery store and then back to Madondra. wink

Your Friend

Bill

ETA: "Big River" wink

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

How about this Bill?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxwWrLsOej0

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Bill, have been reading through this whole thread today, thinking of you both and got you both in my prayers.  In New Zealand there is a Maori saying "Kia Kaha" which means Stay Strong.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Bill and Dondra though you are a long way from many of us out here living in other parts of  the world. You are close to all our hearts.

Believe the doctors, but trust the Lord.

I'll try to put together another tune or two for Dondra. I used to have to have emergency endoscopies frequently, so hate to hear of someone dealing with such a serious condition on her esophegus.

One quick story from one scheduled endoscopy, the nurses brought me in to the operating room after getting me all good and giggly with valium. The technician asked what brought me in for a colonoscopy, and I told him "Nothing. You need to check the other end." So he rechecked his chart, and dressed down the nurse for prepping him for the wrong procedure. The technician directed the nurse to turn the gurney around while he set up a different program. When they were just about set, the nurse asked if the tech wanted a different camera, and he said they did. The nurse asked why, and the tech gave a quick instruction, after which I added, "Besides, that one was going to taste funny."  The technician thought it was funny. The nurse didn't.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

38 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-10-13 13:58:35)

ATTN: She's been moved to another room, so the phone number above is no longer valid and you will not reach us if you use it. PM me if you'd like her cell, but as I said before, please don't think it's something you HAVE to do. Your thoughts and prayers are more than enough. They are more than we're getting from our families! sad

Your Friend,

Bill

ETA: Zurf thanks for the laffs, I can use them. I went in for an esophageal 10 years ago and the doc, as a courtesy to me, used the same scope to look up the other end to see if I had any lesions there. It turned out I did, and they fixed them, again as a professional courtesy. When I woke up, I was told what they had done and my first groggy response was:, "Y'all don't reuse those things, do ya??

I found yours much funnier, however. It's good that you were a good sport about the whole thing, even though the doc and that nurse didn't think it was that funny.

Rock on, my brother and thank you!

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

NOTE TO ROGER,

Dondra wanted me to apologize for her that she missed your phone calls today and before. Apparently, she was being visited by her doctor(s) or out for treatment(s). I think you got through to our son once and she was being worked on at the time. I'm getting ready to go back over there now, so if you haven't completely written us off, please call anytime you find convenient and please accept our apologies, my friend.

Your friend Bill, currently at Stress Level 8/10. smile smile

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

It was 10pm here in the UK, I figured you are perhaps 5 hours behind on Eastern time. I looked up the international dialing code which came up as 001, then the number in this thread. Don't know who I woke up, he spoke English although sounded Asian. I do apologise.  Bill, D. Sorry I didn't get to speak to you, but let me wish you both + Craig the very best of luck.

Hey Bill and Dondra
Real sorry to hear your going through these tough times. This is quite the support group you have here at Chordie. Good for you for reaching out and developing it.

Thinking of you from Canada

Ken

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

Keepitreal, you are correct with the international code, but Dondra has been moved to another ward and the number given earlier is now incorrect. I e-mailed Bill and he gave me Dondra's mobile number.

So; after 17 attempts over the past 8 days I eventually had the chance to chat to the delightful Dondra at 21:00 BST (16:00 Eastern) last night and Bill was there too.

Here's hoping that Dondra is soon back home all fit and well.

Roger

P.S. We must meet up next time I am in Nottingham. smile

43 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-10-14 14:07:17)

Roger,

Dondra and I appreciate and loved your taking time out of your day to visit with us on the phone for a while and we're so glad you finally got through to us. It must have been frustrating to you every time you tried and couldn't get her/us.

For my wife and I it was like getting an early Christmas present to hear your voice for a while and getting to know a little more about our friend across the waves. smile

KeepIt Real, I wil e-mail you D's cell phone number in case you'd like to try again to call. I know she'll be happy to hear from you and any of you, if you'd like me to do the same as I did for Roger.

You have no idea how much this cheers us up, that you would take time out of your day to visit with us on the phone, and

We send our love to all of you!

Bill and Dondra Craig

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Hi everyone. I just had an e-mail from Bill, he asked me to pass it on. And I quote: Dondra is out of surgery and is doing fine. Maybe going home tomorrow.

That's terrific news, KIR!

Those two have been through more in the last few months, than most people endure in a decade. Glad to hear Dondra's surgery went well, and we'll all be praying for a speedy and thorough recovery.

Appreciate your keeping us informed.

Tenement Funster wrote:

That's terrific news, KIR!

Those two have been through more in the last few months, than most people endure in a decade. Glad to hear Dondra's surgery went well, and we'll all be praying for a speedy and thorough recovery.

Appreciate your keeping us informed.

Ditto

Very good news, really pleased to hear it.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Hoping for a real speedy recovery. It is certainly time that things turned for the better for Bill and Dondra.

Roger

Dear Friends,

Yes, out of surgery, but not yet home. When we are dismissed we're going to have to make sure that there are generic versions of any newly prescribed medicines. Doctors are notorious for prescribing meds and not considering the patient's economic status.

Also we don't want her to come home too early, lest this start all over again.

Right now, heart rate, the A-fib, the esophageal ulcer which caused the intestinal bleed and the hemoglobin (blood in stool) have all normalized. She is, however, still on a Heparin drip which keeps her from having a blood clot which, in turn, could cause a heart attack or stroke. We'll see further when it is discontinued.

She says to tell y'all "Hey!" and sends her love. She is also looking forward to KIR's phone call.

Thanks very much for your many kindnesses.

Bill and Dondra Craig

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Bill, glad to hear that Dondra is doing better. Contact me privately as I may have some information about how you can get discount coupons for Dondra' meds. They save me quite a bit of money on my meds and we use them all the time. I will be outta town this weekend so I might not get your message until I get back. Gotta take the wife out for a "honeymoon" weekend so wish me luck.

Nela