Topic: new to CHordie..... noobie question.. i'M SURE....

I hope this hasn't been answered a thousand times..
sorry.. Just  noob I guess..
been playing guitar for 2 years now and found this sight.. sooooo
excited..

but I want to print the songs and can't for some reason..

and my laptop allows me to
ADD songs to my songbook.. but my phone.,. the APP does not..?

is there a print feature I'm just not seeing..?

and why doesn't my phone allow me to ADD songs to my
SONGBOOK..

Thnx..!!!

Re: new to CHordie..... noobie question.. i'M SURE....

welcome to the forum ron,I do not have all these answers but your phone may not have enough data room. The song you pick has a portion on the right side that asks you if you want too print songmaybe it is not communicating with your printer

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Welcome to Chordie, RBB!

That icon that Dino described should open your computer's Print Manager, and you can customize your settings from there. I would recommend selecting the smallest font in the Chordie settings, or you'll burn through a lot of paper.

We hope to hear of your progress, type of instrument(s) you play, musical preferences, etc. in the various discussion forums. I'll speak from experience that you'll find this a very helpful, supportive and non-critical bunch. Great folks here, and a huge pool of talent and knowledge.

Welcome Ronnie,

Phones were invented for...... err.............. well....... talking to people smile.

OK I know that these new fangled ones do all sorts of other things too, but never really successfully, and for any programme to work on a phone it has to be especially written for it. Chordie was written for use on a computer or laptop and works best on those.

Chordie was written as a hobby project by it's founder and has become immensely successful but it is run by one person who has a full time job and a family to look after and, although he would wish it to work successfully on any equipment, it takes much time to adapt or rewrite the software to suit all types so please be patient. Use a computer where you can but allow for certain limitations on other equipment.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

5 (edited by Doug_Smith 2015-10-25 07:38:05)

I think there is a post around here somewhere by Mekidsmom, that has guidelines for getting most mobile devices to work around the standard format.  I thought it was up in the "stickys" but not sure.  We'll look around for it and post a link: it refers to viewing the pages as a desktop rather than in the mobile view.

ETA:  Try this link: http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic. … 19#p166319
although it refers particularly to ads, it does outline how to get the desktop view on your mobile device (which I think most of the conflicts are hiding).
Doug

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

This is the 'Sticky' that Doug was referring to. It is primarily about the adverts coving the page but there are other hints and tips there too:

http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=28070

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"