Topic: Where can I post my tabs/chopros?

Hi all,

I don't have a website of my own, so am looking for a site to host the tabs/chopro's I've figured out.  Strangely enough, I've been surfing around looking for the answer and I can't find anything!

Thanks,
Dennis

“Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.”  - Frank Zappa

Re: Where can I post my tabs/chopros?

Hi Dennis welcome to Chordie,if these are original songs you composed or own the copyrights to they can be posted in the Songwriting forum but no cover songs can be posted unless you have the copyrights, only original songs can be submitted in any of the forums.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Yup, what Russell said.  So if they're tabs you've figured out to copyright songs, you'll have to find some other place to host them.  Once you do though, you can come back here and use the links at the top to get to the resources and submit your pages to go into the index (note, they have to be in chopro format)

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Thanks for the info...I've been using Chordie since last summer and it's absolutely my favorite tab/chord source!  I just setup an account now so I could give something back by posting some of my cover song transcriptions.  I understand why Chordie can't host them, I guess what I meant to ask was...

What music website do others use to post their transcriptions?  I know of http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/ are there others that people would recommend?

Thanks,
Dennis

“Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.”  - Frank Zappa

FYI:  I submitted a couple tabs to ultimate-guitar.com and they were both posted on their site!  One was the chords to Sylvian & Fripp's "Jean the Birdman" and the other was a tabbed out solo to the end of the Grateful Dead's "Ship of Fools."  If you're looking for a site to host your tabs/chords, setup an account and give them a try.  It usually takes 2 or 3 days to post once you submit the tabs/chords.  Once it posts, you can come back to chordie and submit the url to the index.

Hope this helps!
Dennis

I use a free "Google site" with a page set up as a "Filing Cabinet":

https://sites.google.com/site/ukesforfu … landscape/

Liz

Play the Ukulele: The most fun you can have doing something badly!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm not going to say I'm no Jim Morrison, I'm not going to say I'm no John Lennon - I'm not going to say I'm like The Monkees neither! - 'I'm a Believer!' - Some people say I make a pretty good musician - but I've always argued that's going to take me a long time . . . "
Wild Man Fischer

Brand New User .. I just submitted a song (words with chords) to ultimate guitar about 2 hours ago and it has been approved and posted on their site. Am I not waiting long enough to see it show up here on Chordie? I typed it as text on their upload page with chords over the text. Will it show up as 'Chords' or 'Tab' here in the search? If I upload/type the song just using the bracket's [ ] with chords between them within the text (chordpro format) and submit it, will that work and show up here as a 'Chord' or 'tab' file in search? I think I understand the chordpro format, but I'm confused whether I actually save the file as .pro format or just use the chordpro characters on their submission page as I'm not actually uploading a file. If any of this makes sense, thanks ahead of time.

Hi Bobby and welcome to Chordie,

It will not show up automatically very quickly, the quickest way is to nip into 'Resources' and the second item is 'Add songs to the index'. Open that and add the URL, it still will not happen overnight though. smile

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Thanks Roger for the quick response. Sorry for posting twice. I hope to link correctly to at least one of the two tabs I have posted of a particular tab. I want to insure folks would be able to use it with all the features Chordie has to offer, such as the transpose feature .... etc. Again, thanks...