Topic: Two Steps forward and one step back

This one is a work in progress. I have put down the base chords but I want to do something more complicated with it due to it being a march to make it less boring.

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

Re: Two Steps forward and one step back

Definitely can relate! You've got it in 4/4, but the message gives us all the blues! lol

[C] Two steps [E] forward and [F] one step [C] back
[Am]  Trying to get thing [Dm] back on [G7] track
[C] Seem to be [E] working all [F] hours all [C] week
[Am]  But my finances [D7] still look [G7] bleak

[F] The credit cards [Fm] maxed, there’s [C] bill to [Am] pay
[D7]  More brown envelopes are [G7] on the way
[F] Too much [Fm] work and [C] not enough [Am] play
[D7] Can’t afford a [G7] holiday.

HI BEESTIE, just a suggestion as you said you'd like something less simple. still simple chords....

by the way, loved the song and i recognise every sentiment and the way you've written it...brill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Those lyrics apply to more and more people every day well written. By the way Bestie ,  Uncle Joes band  down on the Chat forum  under Geographical spread is putting together a good roll call and map of people on chordie. I hope you post your location detail on there.

The new chords work well. Not the easiest on a uke but doable. I will have to have a shot at recording it, but I'm off trout fishing this weekend so it will have to wait.

The lyrics are great and work well with Phills cho pro. I particularly like the shift from D7 to G7.
Have a great weekend fishing.

Thick as two short planks

7 (edited by TIGLJK 2015-11-19 10:37:59)

Beestie

I like it, and it is very good just the way it is.........but I think as our good friend Phill says -- "a song's gotta have a chorus!"

I'm certainly not a expert by any means ( not even close)  , but I really think it has to have some kind of change somewhere - but that's just me and I could be waaaaayyyyy  off ! smile

I was playing your version...probably nothing like you play it... but a couple of verses popped in my head:

Here are my thoughts....

[F]Two steps forward and one step back
[C]the more I try, the more I lack
[F]Two steps forward and one step back
It’s [G] got my whole [F]world out of [C]whack

or maybe

[Cadd9]Money, money don’t  you do this to me
[F] I’m so down I can hardly breathe
[C] Money money  won’t you set me free
[G]From this debt that’s [F]come over [C]me.

I think either might fight in - at least it does how i Play it. 

If you don't like 'em - trash 'em  that's ok - hell - it's your song ! :  smile

your message is very good as you can tell because it really gets one to thinking about how impactual $$$$$$$$$$$$$ or the lack of can be.    Thanks for the great tune.     

Good luck trout fishing ! smile

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

8 (edited by Jandle 2015-11-27 02:33:11)

beestie, really good, looking forward to hearing it.  Might have a crack at it myself smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

I can just hear the money marching out the door - well done.