Topic: switch hitter

I've decided to learn to play bass luv my GuiTars, by but  Can't find bass players who want to play country  so think I will give it a try..... any thoughts could be help full

Let no talents go unused

Re: switch hitter

My brother took up the bass this past spring. He said that if you know your scales it's a pretty easy transition.

Me? I haven't a clue. roll

Scales matter.  And country bass is kind of like a haku.  You spend a lot of time on V and IV notes, so you have to be able to be creative in that framework.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I've got a bass, but don't pick it up as much as the others 'cuz I don't play much with other people. And it's not much good as a solo sing-a-long instrument. Scales are definitely important, and developing an inner "metronome" is also useful, especially if working with a drummer.

i thought i'd give bass a go 2 decades ago. so bought a bass and joined a band who played a bit of everything, but i played it like a lead guitar, and missed my timing quite a lot with the result that i got a lot of telling-offs from the drummer. if i was standing too close on stage i got a drumstick across the knuckles. so my advice; keep it simple, stay in time (listen to the bass drum) and don't try to be too clever

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Phill Williams wrote:

i thought i'd give bass a go 2 decades ago. so bought a bass and joined a band who played a bit of everything, but i played it like a lead guitar, and missed my timing quite a lot with the result that i got a lot of telling-offs from the drummer. if i was standing too close on stage i got a drumstick across the knuckles. so my advice; keep it simple, stay in time (listen to the bass drum) and don't try to be too clever

Yes when playing bass simple is the key less is more, root 4th and 5th walk up walk down cant go wrong don't get fancy you will save the bruised fingers and friendships smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Phill Williams wrote:

That's been the problem with the last bass player

Let no talents go unused

i'm so glad i've made sense at last  cool

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Fire Ant, let's see if I can add to the above posts;

DUM - DUM - DUM - DUM / DUM - DUM - DUM - DUM / repeat.

No, seriously, good luck with the bass. If I wasn't so old I'd love to try and play one.

nela