1 (edited by Peatle Jville 2015-11-22 00:08:45)

Topic: Heading Home.

I will post this as a poem even though I have put it up on soundcloud as a song. I sing  play guitar and piano by feel and very rarely think about what I am playing. This song ,,poem is me remembering what was going through my mind on the morning before heading back to my home town when I was in my late twenties. I had been away for a few years and wanted a more settled down steady life. I use the word road in the song but I was actually catching a plane from Sydney, Australia across the Tasman sea to Wellington, New Zealand. For those who play guitar and had a listen to it sung on soundcloud. The bass line  is basically C and D  picked on the A string with the chords  D and E on the rhythm bits. I think as a song someone else could do it better. As a poem I would cut the repeated lyrics on the chorus if I was reciting it without singing. Any feed back good or bad always welcome.

I'm Heading Home.

Its early in the morning as I try to gather my thoughts before hitting the road.
I've been away far,far to long.
Travelling lonely roads.
Trying to find adventure in all the wrong places.
I know I had to get away and give it a go because nothing ventured then there is nothing gained.
I know that  while I've been travelling around my friends back home have most probably settled down.
Maybe started families.
I know the time has come for me to maybe settle down.
I think the best place for me right now is back home.
I'm heading home.
I'm heading home.
I'm heading home.
I'm heading home.
Will my old friends still have something in common with me or am I going to be the odd one out.
Oh well only time will tell.
I'm heading home.
I'm heading home.
I'm heading home.
I'm heading home.
The time has come for me to find a steady life.
Try and get a steady job.
If I'm lucky I might even find a wife.
I'm heading home.
I'm heading home.
I'm heading home.
I'm heading home.
I'm heading home.
I'm heading home.
Well you know that eventually you got to make a decision and I know I can't keep travelling that lonely road.
I've got to find some sort of settled down new direction.
I'm heading home.
I'm heading home.
I'm heading home.
I'm heading home.
I know that's most probably the best place for me and I hope that it works out.
It's definitely time to settle down and get a steady life.
I'm heading home.
I'm heading home.
I'm heading home.
I'm heading home.
I'm heading home.

Re: Heading Home.

Peatle
I love the way you`ve done 1 line then back to the chorus
then 3 lines /chorus
then 2 & 2 again

The King Of Audio Torture

Cleverly written, Peatle, as EB has already said. The sentiment expressed reminds me my younger days ... glad they're over.

Very nice lyrics and I like the flow .

Joe

Thank you E B , Tenement and T7. When I look back at the young Peatle under 30 he seems like a different person to who I am now. I am hoping some one will take my lyrics put their own version of I'm Heading Home up with a better voice and playing than what I have put out. Jandle and EB gave me some good ideas on how to make it into what I have put up. The first draft was really bad.