1 (edited by mekidsmom 2015-11-28 17:11:14)

Topic: Chordie Changes... PHOTO CONTEST

Hi everyone! 

That's right, there are changes coming soooon to Chordie!  Our amazing admin, Per, has been discussing some of these great changes with the moderation team as we've been munching on those glorious dills.  We're all VERY excited!  Roger came up with a FANTASTIC idea, and I offered to assist with it.  We need YOUR HELP!  smile 

The changes that are coming to Chordie are going to be AMAZING!  While we can't give away all the details yet, one thing that's changing is some of the look to the front page.  Finding songs by category is going to be new and improved.  Roger's suggestion was that we offer members the opportunity to submit pictures to go along with those categories that will be viewed on the website.  I think it's an awesome idea, and Per agrees!  Heck, we're family right?  Many of us visit here so often that it's, in a way, our place to be, our home away from home on the net. 

Do you have a photo that you think would make a GREAT heading for the Blues category?  How about Mandolin songs?  Christmas tunes?  Here are the list of categories that will be featured:

Blues
Absolute Beginner
Campfire Songs
Christmas
Country & Western
Folk & Traditional
Mandolin Collections
Praise & Worship
Rock
Uke Collections
Also needed is a photo for the "Breaking News" section (this photo needs to be 320 pixels wide × 60 pixels high)

There will be a photo used for each category.  Rather than simply using stock-royalty free photos, Chordie would LOVE to feature YOUR member photos!  Many of you have shared pics with us of your NGD, your jam around the campfire, your gig, etc... so we know you have them, and they're awesome pics!  Let's use those awesome pics to portray WHO Chordie is, rather than stock photos of people that have never visited here.  smile  I'm so excited about this (if you couldn't tell)! 

MEMBER PHOTO SUBMISSIONS:
You may submit a link to your downloadable photo here, in this thread (if you need help, or want to submit the photo via email shoot an email out to myself or another moderator).
All photos should be 263 pixels x 200 pixels (if you need help re-sizing pics shoot an email out to myself or another moderator)
Note the category you are submitting your photo for
Please note the name you would like used for credit to the photo (include your real name or Chordie handle)
Photos must be 100% your own*
You agree to allow Per, Choride.com, etc to use your photo without restrictions or royalties*
Our amazing webmaster, Per, will have the final say on which photos will be used and where
By submitting a photo, you agree to the legal disclaimer below*

I called this a contest, so, I guess there needs to be a prize right?
WINNERS (owners of the photos that are chosen to be used) - will receive:

Photo will be used on the site!
Imaginary Dill Pickles for life!
Member status change!
Recognition on Chordie.com (photo credits will likely be on the new Resources page)!
Jealousy by all the others that submitted photos that were not used (if they're the jealous type, this is not a guarantee)!
Knowledge that you have contributed to the entire website, and not JUST on the forums!

*Legal Disclaimer:
In consideration for your photograph appearing on the Website, you grant Chordie.com and Website Owner/Admin a perpetual royalty free non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, translate, transmit, distribute and sub-license any photos you supply or communicate to the Website in any medium, now in existence or hereafter developed, for any purposes, including commercial use.  (aka - if you submit a photo, it can be used however Per chooses to use it for as long as he/Chordie.com are "alive" - including use on the website, in a Chordie.com advertisement, etc... you cannot change your mind or retract this license.  By submitting a photo, you are donating the photo for any use by the Admin of Chordie.com - You still own the photo, but you're allowing Chordie.com to use it however they want and you won't get paid).

You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this Website any Works for which you have not obtained all necessary licenses and/or approvals. Chordie.com respects the intellectual property rights of others, and we ask our users do the same.  (aka - make sure you took and fully own the photo, all rights to the photo belong to you, the photo does not include any people other than yourself as a model release would then be needed and, frankly, that's more than anyone wants to have to deal with).

Questions?  Ask before submitting a photo.  This is supposed to be fun, no one wants to have to include lawyers in the fun stuff.

READY?  SET?  Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

2 (edited by unclejoesband 2015-11-28 15:07:30)

Re: Chordie Changes... PHOTO CONTEST

Campfire Songs

https://www.flickr.com/photos/25135718@N06/22073914269/in/album-72157659576992340/

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/626/22073914269_367d17d35c_z.jpgP1010941 by unclejoesband, on Flickr

That's a good suggestion UJB!  We'll have to make sure Roger Guppy is ok with his photo being used.  wink  ha ha! 

I just added another photo type to the list above:
Also needed is a photo for the "Breaking News" section (this photo needs to be 320 pixels wide × 60 pixels high)

Something that would be "newsflash" worthy!  smile

As I have a camera in my hand and not a guitar it would probably be more suitable for 'Breaking News' lol

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

5 (edited by dino48 2015-11-28 21:41:01)

Amy maybe you could get some pictures of the moderators eating pickles. Maybe our fearless leader could replace the green in the new post area and  Make the picture area larger in our side kiosk as it is now you can not hardly see whats in the photo's so that would help.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

As soon as I saw this thread, here's what came to mind first:

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa272/wsdf666/anihiphop.jpg

7 (edited by Grah1 2015-11-29 00:22:48)

How about  this  for  blues or  rock

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/269299_10151541805539308_523895014_n.jpg?oh=b2b183edaffcbeb26f2c0f3d52d291ab&oe=56D8EEAE

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/v/t1.0-9/602069_10151536594839308_1675665819_n.jpg?oh=9246e8e532e57575c43103145f8528d7&oe=56EA5489

8 (edited by dino48 2015-11-29 01:49:22)

Both the above have my vote^^^^^^^^. Graham and T.F. good choices.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

any way we can upgrade to just upload pics like on FB?

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

How about my two mandolins for the 'Mandolin Collections'?

Looking at my photo I think you guys have slightly exceeded the 263x200 pixel size lol

I prefer the second one of Graham's.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/779/23315064632_1cc5feb471.jpg

Roger

Or perhaps for the 'Christmas' section this one from Christmas day, 1958. My brother Colin and I with our very first guitars.... lol smile lol

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/676/23423903005_7249959c88.jpg

Roger

Or my youngest student for 'Absolute Beginners'.

Photo removed - RG

Roger

Your student is adorable, but I'd worry about turning off the many, many users of the site who are absolute beginners in their 40s and 50s and 60s by having a young child as the banner.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

double frame it , one young- one old.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

beamer wrote:

Excellent idea.

The second photo of Graham is wonderful for the rock or blues categories.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Zurf wrote:
beamer wrote:

Excellent idea.

The second photo of Graham is wonderful for the rock or blues categories.

That is a good idea!

I personally was hoping Graham would offer a photo!  Graham, you are not only a great player, but you have some really good photos of yourself up on stage!  You're very photogenic!  Love it!  smile 

Nice mandolin pics Roger!  I like the photo of you and Colin too! 

Christmas is right around the corner here... get out your guitars and pose them by the tree and take some pics, people!  We need more competition!  smile 
(we also haven't seen any Uke pics yet, and I know there's a bunch of Uke players!!!)

Roger's right about photo size, but I can adjust those (and maybe brighten them up a bit).  No worries there. Don't let your photo editing skills keep you from submitting photos.  Keep em coming!

Note... my opinions don't matter a rats behind, Per gets to choose in the end!  big_smile

18 (edited by Grah1 2015-12-01 11:19:33)

Ami please have a look on my face book page theres lots of photos of me and the band I would be honoured to let Chordie use any of them .I'm not sure how to re size them though.

is it just me or does anyone else see a faint resemblance to jerry Garcia in the bottom picture?????????

out of tune out of key and out of touch

mojo01 wrote:

is it just me or does anyone else see a faint resemblance to jerry Garcia in the bottom picture?????????

You aren't alone.

mojo01 wrote:

I did but I figured folks didn't want to hear any more of my obsession with all things Grateful Dead. smile

Graham's hair isn't as wild and his beard is trimmed short but the resemblance is certainly there.

beamer wrote:

any way we can upgrade to just upload pics like on FB?

I missed this first time around.

I have no idea what would be involved but while there is an overhaul in progress, being able to upload attachments like pics and videos would be a great new feature.

So l supose I'd better put a couple of greatful dead songs into the set? Any suggestions ,last time i saw em was 1972 at the Bickershaw festival in the UK  a couple of years ago I got a set of live recordings of their set from that gig but there at home in Greece and not with me in the UK

unclejoesband wrote:
mojo01 wrote:

I did but I figured folks didn't want to hear any more of my obsession with all things Grateful Dead. smile

Graham's hair isn't as wild and his beard is trimmed short but the resemblance is certainly there.

you are right he looks a little like Jerry Garcia. Iwould like too hear him do Truckin!!!

25 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2015-12-02 01:57:07)

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10350639_875711435828604_9007636125463617758_n.jpg?oh=504ac6b37b94643cd967efedc9184f28&oe=56E61801

I still cant get pictures on. That is me somewhere in that mess.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.