Re: My Dear Friends

Thank you, Amy and Zurf.

Just a quick update, Dondra wanted me to take her to breakfast this morning and being unable to tell her "no". I took her. Well, then she wanted to go other places and her strength left her and I had to get her home.

What did I learn from this? Sometimes, if you love 'em you gotta say "no, honey, not today".

She sends her love as do I.

Thanks

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

So sorry to hear that, Bill. Very best wishes and positive vibes to Dondra and yourself from across the pond...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Here Bill is a song for you to play to Dondra. It is really from a daughter to her mother but the chorus is very apt for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu4h_LFHR2g

My favourite Canadian artiste smile

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Bill and Dondra
Your Sunshine beamed out even in your very difficult times this year. You two are legends and we feel privileged to know two wonderful people. Your shining lights remind us not to let the challenges of life overwhelm us.
Love to you both.
Peatle and Maree

30 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2015-12-06 18:23:13)

Wow! What a nice thing to say, Peatle and we thank you both from the bottom of our hearts. Dondra and I wish you and your Maree Happy Holidays and a great New Year, as we do all our Chordie friends!

Thanks very much indeed!

Bill and Dondra

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Roger Guppy wrote:

Here Bill is a song for you to play to Dondra. It is really from a daughter to her mother but the chorus is very apt for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu4h_LFHR2g

My favourite Canadian artiste smile

Roger

I played it for myself and Dondra, Roger and we both loved the singing AND the lyrics! I agree Amy Sky is a wonderful singer and we loved the sentiment contained in the lyrics. Thanks very much indeed for thinking of us! We are very fortunate to have great friends such as yourself and the other Chordians and we know to appreciate it very much.

Thanks again from your friends

Bill and Dondra Craig

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Hi Bill
I've been off chordie and soundcloud for quite a while - sometimes my energy just goes and I find it hard to get going. I've just seen this post and I do hope that things are improving for you and Dondra. One day at a time and cherish each moment.

33 (edited by Strummerboy Bill 2016-01-07 08:57:17)

Just an update, -and thanks mazzy for your kind note, we both appreciate it - We have to go Friday morning for another cardioversion due to the fact her heart beat has gotten out of rhythm again and the pacemaker can't make it work.

We both ask for all of your prayers, because it has now come to the point where she cannot  arrange her own meds. I saw her a few nights ago and she was not herself, so I took over that part of it and I hope I can do the job, because I sometimes have my own problems with my meds. So please pray for me that I can take care of my wife and please pray for us Friday morning.

She thinks I am mad at God (and she's a really religious lady), but although I am somewhat, I do pray to him every night to let her live and take me instead. I would gladly go in her place.

Thanks and please excuse me if you don't see me for a while. I will see your responses on my e-mail, but don't know if I can respond in a timely manner.

Thank you all again

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Bill, my thoughts are with you and Dondra. I wish their was more I could say or do. Best of luck to you both.

Thick as two short planks

Take care of yourselves so you can take care of each other

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Late to the "party" (as it were), but since I haven't been here as much lately (dealing with my own health issue, but that's a story for another day - I'm okay, though…), I'm just now seeing this (and trying to include as many parentheticals as l can).

Sending good juju to you and your Dondra, knowing that that isn't enough (but lacking the ability to do more), but sending it nonetheless…

Cocktails

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

Even though you live a long way from where we are, you and Dondra are in the centre of our thoughts. Our prayers are for the both of you while your in this valley.
Keep looking up.
Love to you both,
Pete and Maree

Hey Bill, hopefully you're subscribed to this thread and will receive notification in your inbox.  Chordie has undergone some changes while you've been away, and many of us have been very busy getting her all straightened out.  As things are now starting to calm down around here a little, I was thinking... HEY, where's BILL?  I expected to see you around here, confused and excited over the changes.  You haven't been though... and so I'm concerned about you and your loving Dondra.  I think about you both often, and sincerely hope you are both well.

I did notice that you HAVE logged in recently... I hope you pop into the forums and say HI soon!  smile  HUGS!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Ditto

I sent Bill  and Dondra a card by email as I have several times previously,, but alas this time the service said he has not picked it up.  I am a bit anxious and concerned.

Bill if you read this - know that you in the thoughts and prayers of a lot of us.We'd  love to hear a little chirp from down south - make us all feel relieved I am sure.

Best wishes to you and Dondra

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Bill and Dondra, we're thinking of you and miss hearing from ya.

Tom

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

My Friends

Once again I must thank you all for your forbearance as regards my "spotty" attendance of late on this, my "home away from home", "safe haven" and "comfort zone".

Without going into too much detail, I am sure you can surmise what has been keeping me occupied: My pretty Dondra's ongoing battle with stroke and the atrial fibrillation of her heart. The falls,  which stem from the side effects of the meds and the sometimes dizziness from standing up too quickly, have gotten more numerous and necessitate a trip to the ER (and sometime overnight stays)to make sure there's no cranial bleed. This has happened twice since last time you and I "spoke" here, and as you might imagine, I am never  far from her side. This has taken its toll on me physically as well as mentally and I try to sleep as much as I can when I can.

Amy is correct - there have been a couple of times when I just sat here and tried to read a little and I think I posted once, but have had very little opportunity to sit and write as I presently am and would like to.

Jim, my friend - I saw you had sent us a card and thought I had saved it into my "Read Later" file, but I am embarrassed to admit I must have erased it accidentally. If it isn't too much to ask, could you resend it? At this "iffy" time in both our lives, we have come to love when our friends call, and/or like you all here, send those very kind messages which I can read to Dondra and which always produce a smile.

This is very important: Please know that you have NOT been forgotten!!! We both think lovingly of y'all and your music plays through the house while she is awake and I am doing the "chores". Your music makes so many of our dreary days cheerier and brighter and that's what we need right now.

Heartfelt thanks and sincere loving thoughts from your friends,

Bill and Dondra Craig

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Rogue Beatle Bass

Thanks so much for stopping in.

Hang in there. http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_3934.gif

Hi Bill and Dondra, 
Just a wee note to say thinking of you both ......  a very rough ride for you both at the moment...... prayers are with you two lovely people.  I am not sure how to send cards on here so i cant .... much love.
Have been away myself for quite some time so trying to catch up with things on chordie etc.

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

The very best to you & Dondra, Bill ...

Didn't want to make you feel bad by posting any "Where's Bill?" notes, realizing that you're pre-occupied with personal concerns. Think of you every day, and wishing you both good health, along with some peace and comfort.