1 (edited by TIGLJK 2015-12-27 13:23:27)

Topic: The Christmas Dinner

Chordpro error: This is not a valid artistname. You will have to specify an artistname in the form {st: Artistname} in the beginning of the code.

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

Re: The Christmas Dinner

Atta boy, TIG! I started laughing at the outset, but you really brought this home with a terrific message ... very good. Twerking? lol

TF
Thanks  lol  - that was my intent -  surprise -  just like the message of the song.  I'm still not sure on the chords  -each time I play it  i get second thoughts  ( must be the twerking ! smile )

If any one has improvement suggestions on anything feel free to let me know - I know its not quite right , but then again - neither am I :^(
smile
Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

when i read it i wasn't sure if it was meant to be funny or not. so when i read the posts above i thought yes i was right. but it gets very serious at the end and as mentioned, gives a great message; sometimes it's the gifts you give that are the gifts you receive.

nice one jim, your writing is getting so good

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Jim, if you don't mind me making a suggestion? This sounds like one of those "talking" songs while the guitar plays those chords. Maybe call it, "The Christmas Dinner Talkin' Blues"?

Anyway, I LOVED reading it and like TF]/b] and [b]Phill, thought it might be funny all the way through, but you brought the "message" home my friend. Nice going!

Your Pal

Bill

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Fender GDO300 Orchestral - a gift from Amy & Jim
Rogue Beatle Bass
Journal: www.wheretobud.blogspot. com

My first thought was its a comedy song. (Remember the mouse in old Amsterdam). Then it makes a real point.
I played it through with a steady 3/4 rhythm,  more like a waltz than a twerk. But hey, great stuff, I enjoyed it.

Thick as two short planks

KIR - That's pretty much how I play it as well
Phill - Thanks - thought it would be good to put an unusual twist to it.
Bill and Dondra - glad you liked it ! smile

I'll try to get a recording of it when I get it all figured out and have some time - I'm in the thros of basketball season and it takes so much of my time coaching and scouting.

Jim

I re-wrote this a bit and changed the chords some.  I think it plays a lot easier and makes a little sense.
Happy New Year to all my friends on Chordie.  May the new year keep you safe, healthy, and full of happiness and love.

Jim