Topic: RAP: the beginning

When did this music style saw daylight? Where does it come from, and the "gangster" (rap) image is it real. Sometimes I read that a lot of "criminals" started to rap.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: RAP: the beginning

hmmm... hey there was an article about this in the national geographic one time. I think rap kind of evolved from that crazy 'jive' talk and music in the 70's ....

All You Need is Love smile

Some of the "Gangsta Rap" is real, some is a show. Not sure where rap got its start, but probably from disco since they both use beats from machines

You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.
                                                        -James Marshall Hendrix

Rap was interesting up until the late 90's.
Now it's all crappy sampling of rehashed hits and terrible rhymes of bling and bang bang.
Most of those ding a lings can't even play an instrument.
I can't wait for another movement to blow it out of the water. It's time!

There is a guy on my block who lives for rock, he plays records day and night, and when he feels down he puts the rock and roll on and it makes him feel alright. - The Kinks, Rock And Roll Fantasy