Topic: New Zeleland flag

I saw the New Zelanaland may get a new flag do our members here like it I like the old one better

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

2 (edited by easybeat 2015-12-13 23:47:55)

Re: New Zeleland flag

Yeah Dino i`m for the old one,i gather 80% of the population is too.
But there`s going to be a vote,the government is keen to change
so leading up to the vote i think we are going to get massaged into changing it.
i think democracy may be the loser on this one.

The King Of Audio Torture

i think it's sad that they want to dump ties with the UK. if they want to include the fern in the flag why not put the union jack in the bottom corner? after all, you're our history as well as us being yours.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Having looked at both.... the striking resemblance to the Australian Flag is almost too close to avoid confusion.  As to Phill's comment, I'm thinking it has more to the relationship to Oz than the UK that has folks riled.

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

easybeat wrote:

Yeah Dino i`m for the old one,i gather 80% of the population is too.
But there`s going to be a vote,the government is keen to change
so leading up to the vote i think we are going to get massaged into changing it.
i think demogracy may be the loser on this one.

That's too bad they want too change it.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

The so-called "Silver Fern" in black with blue is my personal favorite:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03424/NZ_flags1_3424761b.jpg

That said, I can certainly understand the desire to stay with tradition, as the majority of New Zealanders have already expressed. If it ain't broke ...

That's a cool flag right there.  But, no matter how cool looking it is, when people fight under the banner of a flag, there ought to be a darned good reason to change it.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude