Topic: Big Dang Lotto Jackpot

So, here in the states there's this multi-state jackpot that has a gazillion numbers and has something like 292,000,000 possible variations for any given drawing.  It is defying the odds right now and has an annuity jackpot for a single winner of something like $1.5 Billion.  That's something like a $60,000,000/year income (before taxes) each year for 30 years.  Or, if you take the cash option versus the annuity value, it's $750,000,000 before taxes.  Usually the single winner payout for the cash option after tax is something like 1/3 of the annuity value, or $500,000,000. 

I've got a ticket.  I splurged and got five tickets.  I enjoyed the juxtaposition of what my economics professor would have called "estimated value" of $5.13/ticket at a cost of $2/ticket for a projected return of 256% , what my accounting professor would have called "worthless," and what my statistics professor would have called "a long shot." 

So - a bunch of folks are saying what they'd do if they won.  I can't say for sure what all would be done, but I am fairly certain of several things.

1. There would be a really great party on a very, very big boat.
2. The entertainment on the boat would be GREAT.
3. The bar on the boat would be extraordinarily well stocked.
4. The guests would go home with some terrific party favors.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

2 (edited by NELA 2016-01-13 00:06:47)

Re: Big Dang Lotto Jackpot

Well, the 1st thing I plan on doing is "calling in rich" to work. Oh wait, I'm retired - guess I'll have to run and hide until I can get things planned out and in order.

Last Wednesday I bought 4 tickets for $12.00 (includes powerplay) and won $12.00. I rolled that $12.00 over to Saturday's drawing and again won $12.00. So I'm gonna roll that over for tomorrow's drawing and hope the 3rd time is a charm.

Nela

I'll buy the property where we held chordie Pa back in October.

This summer will be one long, continuous music event. Come and go as you please.

Who needs a plane ticket? smile

4 (edited by dino48 2016-01-13 01:21:35)

I would buy the Playboy mansion with some Bunnies too,and have a chordiestock west all expensenses paid for my forum friends . I would also give each one five grand too buy music things. I do not have a lotto ticket though.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

10M - Private Island
100M - 5M each to my 20 closest family and friends

Leaves 1.39B for party supplies. Chordiestock 24/7/365

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

1. hire a financial team,
2 go incognito
3 send out plane tickets and buy off bosses to have a gathering at an undisclosed place where you will be all  brought in by dark on  darkend helicopters and buses smile
4 have 3 of my favorite bands booked.
5 free oxygen bar and B12 shots followed by mainline re-hydration!
finally.
PAY OFF ALL FAMILY MEMBER  DEBTS (ONE TIME ONLY).  Don't ask for seconds.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I'm determined to get through life with my perfect never-lost record on lotteries.