1 (edited by Tenement Funster 2016-01-26 10:51:35)

Topic: NKD (New Keyboard Day)

Here's a new keyboard I just got, made by YAMAHA. It has over 700 voices, including most keyboards, woodwinds, brass, strings, synths, percussion, etc. They're all very authentic sounding, and it has a jack to plug into an amp also. There's a built in multi-level looper, so I'll be able to create soundtracks to play along with on the guitar. The keys are touch-sensitive, so with one of the "Flute" settings, I can even do the over-blowing effect that Ian Anderson often does. Tons o' fun!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/shw_BWUg7AS5ZMCAxXJ0-lWakjy29pLRyqIPdiBLsHUwtSX4X3S9hw9GT3RUZAHcvxLSgiVf9zCXP8CyGzy-S71XryWJssei-Kp9Ol6xqJcNgfi9R68rGBUifUi-gOS0BkSP5LCW2q0GamP7YIyREjVvnbgncOKyMKTQ5bTikfu7vXfC2mON183jw22IK-M0_CWqdWB3xtts3g-HYIkilJIaqolTwEhU_2hAB9QIwtZjygiBNsy4c6spPyoHJ5dQYMbKAjoaWUl6YfvsTVQ_qVFWKRGA663weZ5QfONxr9qfZ_hsQCJUCKHk-CKM7YrSCqOE2H-xP31HVnn6mwAIL9UoGHapE4Y5CrBnYgc0ndmRcjS489PwyVPzezUfi3i0hrwlqDKqeS_g1CJv4rXqdIbpwHUK1xJc5bSvBU2J6AYe8Yp4zbEPh9gfQH_Hfmw-jNWvE08zAJuzlj2Lss7uBej35L8uSqX3lwg0b-z5SXz5S6Um7KZsqc8Fykel9VlJMynxE46MrPUQs6rM2vkD--waLL3iDdEf3uK7aZ_hni8Z-6bARsEHbdL1zjd6YTt56lgm=w1087-h815-no

Re: NKD (New Keyboard Day)

Cool!!

I like the idea of the built in looper. Have fun.

That should be some good entertainment for you.  I hope you enjoy it.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Looks great TF I have it's smaller cousin no loop but tons of cool keyboard effects lots of fun ahead for you smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Thats amazing TF, you'll be like a one man orchestra. Do you have any keyboard experience?

Thick as two short planks

Happy NKD!
I wish I had learned piano.  Opens the door to soo much more.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Russell_Harding wrote:

Looks great TF I have it's smaller cousin no loop but tons of cool keyboard effects lots of fun ahead for you smile

Happy new keyboard day I have the same model as Russell.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Way cool, TF!

If you don't mind me askin', about how mush did it cost (if you'd rathe not say, that's a-ok too...)?

We can beat them just for one day
We can be heroes just for one day

RIP Bowie

No worries, Cocktails ... it was $300 (Canadian currency), and I was happily surprised at the quality for the price. Great to have you back, by the way ... missed ya!

I don't have any keyboard training, but have dinked around on them whenever there's one available. So far, I've just been doing right hand stuff (flute solos, etc.) but will need some practice to get better at it. It even has a Pitch Wheel (LH side) so I can do some Keith Emerson-style sliding in the synth settings. And the keyboard will also split, so you can have piano on the left side and flute on the right ... or any combo. Lots to learn!

Wow TF you're going to be busy for a while, keep us updated with your progress.
Hi C42, great to see you back.

Thick as two short planks