Topic: Teton Guitars

Not knowing the history of this guitar, I purchased a new Teton Acoustic Electric from a local music store which has quite a large stock of probably a century number of new acoustics to select from. I spent some time fingering several  before selecting an STN105CENT. I liked the natural feel of the body and neck, it played easily with a slightly more narrow neck and had a very full sound, more so than many of the others I tried. Only a week old I'm very happy with my purchase, but would like to get some feedback on my choice.

Re: Teton Guitars

All that really matters it that "you" like it. I've played some of the high-end guitars that did'nt feel/sound any different that some of the lessor known brands. Rule #1 applies here' "if it sounds good it is good". Welcome to Chordie KevinRK.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

bluejeep wrote:

All that really matters it that "you" like it. I've played some of the high-end guitars that did'nt feel/sound any different that some of the lessor known brands. Rule #1 applies here' "if it sounds good it is good". Welcome to Chordie KevinRK.

Ditto!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

4 (edited by Tenement Funster 2016-02-02 22:09:48)

Nice new guitar, KevinRK ... congratulations!

I'll confess that I'd never heard of Teton Guitars, so looked yours up on their site. It's got all the right wood combinations (cedar top for a deep rich tone), a Fishman ISYS pickup system (top grade stuff), and is a fine looking instrument to top it all off. Based on your description and the manufacturer's specs, you've got yourself a terrific guitar. It's commendable that you took the time to ensure that it fit you correctly ... very important.

https://tetonguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/STA105CENT_Front-600x375.jpg

I hope you have many years of enjoyment with it!

bluejeep wrote:

Yep. That says it all.

Last spring I played a $4500 Taylor, a $2800 Gibson, a $2200 Martin and a couple other "high end" guitars. None of them felt as good in my hands as my $200 Eastman or $300 Alvarez.

Brand name recognition and high price don't always equate to the best guitar.

To  echo  what  the  others  say   its  what  you  feel  comfortable  with  I  have many  guitars  some  high  end  some  low  all  have  their  own  characteristics . My  son  once  said  Dad  why  do  you  need  all  these  guitars  , one  day  he  will  understand ,at  the  moment  my  go  to  electric  is  a  yamaha  pacifica  which  I  paid  50 pounds  for in a junk shop  my  go  to  acoustic is  an ovation applause which  I've  had  for  years and gigged all  over .A  high  price  tag  does  not  necessarily make  a  good  instrument .

Kev

What they said......... !

Mood and type of sound you want in the moment is critical......   but.... I have 9 different guitars and most of my playing revolves around my Alvarez and Martin. I have a beautiful Hollowbody - I paid some pretty good $ for - and I've played it about 12 times in two years.  Go with your heart man ! - Nice guitar you got there it seems !
Welcome to Chordieland!

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

TIGLJK wrote:

Kev

What they said......... !

.... I have 9 different guitars and most of my playing revolves around my Alvarez and Martin.

Jim

That's ironic.

I have 10 and the Martin and 2 of the Alvarez see most of the play time.