Topic: Suggest me Guys a good mic for recording & dubbing at reasonable price

Hello Everyone !!

I need help in buying a good recording and dubbing mic for my video projects. I am still amateur.  Please help me guys.

Thanks !!

I am author at rokucom.com and also provide Roku Technical Support for roku account set up and link activation Help.

Re: Suggest me Guys a good mic for recording & dubbing at reasonable price

selenamorgan wrote:

Hello Everyone !!

I need help in buying a good recording and dubbing mic for my video projects. I am still amateur.  Please help me guys.

Thanks !!

An all around good dependable and practically unbreakable choice is a Sure SM-58 for around $90 I have owned the same SM-58 for over 25 years and recorded and performed with it, roadies have used them as hammers for building stage gear (no kidding) and they still work but I wouldn't recommend that. smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Suggest me Guys a good mic for recording & dubbing at reasonable price

I would agree with Russell on this topic.  For all around use an SM58 is the ticket, especially if you only need one "go-to" microphone in your arsenal.  Blue makes a little device called "icicle" that you can plug into the end of your XLR cable and connect it to your computer via USB for PC recording and mixing, so no additional pre-amp is needed for around $45.

Welcome to Chordie!!

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

Re: Suggest me Guys a good mic for recording & dubbing at reasonable price

Thanks @Russell_Harding & @Doug_Smith: It seem good mic in reviews and recommendations also. Do you know anything about condenser mic. Are they better then SM58 or you still  recommend M58

I am author at rokucom.com and also provide Roku Technical Support for roku account set up and link activation Help.

Re: Suggest me Guys a good mic for recording & dubbing at reasonable price

selenamorgan wrote:

Thanks @Russell_Harding & @Doug_Smith: It seem good mic in reviews and recommendations also. Do you know anything about condenser mic. Are they better then SM58 or you still  recommend M58

Condenser mic's are sensitive and require a phantom power unit to work unlike the SM-58 which is a Dynamic mic and requires no special power supply I still would recommend the SM-58 smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Re: Suggest me Guys a good mic for recording & dubbing at reasonable price

Thanks for your suggestions guys )). SM-58 working great...

I am author at rokucom.com and also provide Roku Technical Support for roku account set up and link activation Help.

Re: Suggest me Guys a good mic for recording & dubbing at reasonable price

I'm gonna disagree with the SM-58 recommendation.    Everything said about them is true. They are bullet proof and great on stage where you have a good strong signal to move that diaphragm.  But for video, I'd go with a condenser mic, particularly if you're in a studio.  You will get much higher fidelity out of a condenser mic than you will out of any dynamic mic, so for sensitive recording applications it's the way to go.

I love Shure mics for their durability, so I'd go with an SM-81 over an SM-58.  Small diaphragm condenser perfect for vocal work, and easy to mount on a camera if you want.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Re: Suggest me Guys a good mic for recording & dubbing at reasonable price

i must be honest, i have not been much of a sure fan since one let me down mid way through a performance in front of a substantial audience! i use a beyer now which is good and clear for stage work.
i bought just this week a condenser mic from amazon cost me just £20 (add $10 for the exchange rate i'd expect) i just looked at the box but cant find a maker but when it sounds that good who cares? it comes with an XLR (female) to a stereo mini jack (male) it's quite heavy and seems sturdy for the price. check it out.

welcome to chordie

There are two "L's" in Phill

Re: Suggest me Guys a good mic for recording & dubbing at reasonable price

Phill Williams wrote:

i must be honest, i have not been much of a sure fan since one let me down mid way through a performance in front of a substantial audience! i use a beyer now which is good and clear for stage work.
i bought just this week a condenser mic from amazon cost me just £20 (add $10 for the exchange rate i'd expect) i just looked at the box but cant find a maker but when it sounds that good who cares? it comes with an XLR (female) to a stereo mini jack (male) it's quite heavy and seems sturdy for the price. check it out.

welcome to chordie

Which one did you get, Phill?  I'm really fond of AKGs as well.  Low cost, sound great.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Re: Suggest me Guys a good mic for recording & dubbing at reasonable price

I use an AKG too, in fact I have two (a spare is always handy smile). Unfortunately now discontinued, mine are the D880 and I much prefer this to the SM58. Set up a SM58 and then, without altering the settings, do a straight replacement with the D880 and immediately you have more volume and a sweeter tone. I like AKG mics.

Roger

Re: Suggest me Guys a good mic for recording & dubbing at reasonable price

jerome.oneil wrote:
Phill Williams wrote:

i must be honest, i have not been much of a sure fan since one let me down mid way through a performance in front of a substantial audience! i use a beyer now which is good and clear for stage work.
i bought just this week a condenser mic from amazon cost me just £20 (add $10 for the exchange rate i'd expect) i just looked at the box but cant find a maker but when it sounds that good who cares? it comes with an XLR (female) to a stereo mini jack (male) it's quite heavy and seems sturdy for the price. check it out.

welcome to chordie

Which one did you get, Phill?  I'm really fond of AKGs as well.  Low cost, sound great.

It's a better dynamic TG_X60. Or were you referring to the condenser? No idea of the maker, just that it's got Chinese writing on the box. If it lasts a year it's OK at that price I ll just buy another.

There are two "L's" in Phill