Topic: Chordie's new format

To all who  worked so hard to make the changes to the new Chordie ,  Thank you all so very much, I for one think it is great, easier to read and get around on.  I don't post much but i wanted to say this.  bob.

Re: Chordie's new format

Stop in and chat now and then Bob. It's a right friendly bunch of folks we have around here.

Hey Bob!  It looks like the majority of people like it so far!  It's good to see you again.  smile  We're making sure the admin is getting the feedback too.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Hate the new format. Wasn't broke, why change it?

coanriver wrote:

Because it was breaking. We just couldn't see it. It was all behind the scenes problems.

We lost the feature that let us control font size.
Restore this feature or site useless.

7 (edited by bluejeep 2016-02-10 15:31:36)

Good morning cbtecn1, I just checked and the ability to change font size is working for me. Look to the top right of the song displayed and there is a large "A", click on that and select your size. Hope you have a good day and you're not snowed in like some of us.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

coanriver wrote:

As UJB said, it did need some fixing behind the scenes.  A lot of work went to the changes made, and there are still some tweaks on going.  I'm sorry to hear you don't like it though.  Can you provide some more feedback as to what you don't like specifically?  Most people around the forums have been saying they find it easier to navigate the site now, find songs they're looking for, and that the site/songs are easier to read.

Perhaps it's a matter of "change" in general that you don't like?  Obviously there are quite a few things that are different, and that's not always easy.  Do let us know though.  Even if it's negative, constructive feedback is always welcome.  smile

Seriously, this new site is not ready yet, it looks pretty but nothing is working right.

You will lose more users letting this run.

Searches don't work, lots of broken links and the Chordpro page most of the time is blank.

iPads don't work.

And it's slower.

rayco37 wrote:

And it's slower.

I've found it to be quite the opposite. Pages seem to load much faster. http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_1730.gif

rayco37 wrote:

Searches don't work, lots of broken links and the Chordpro page most of the time is blank.

iPads don't work.

And it's slower.

It looks like there may be some references to songs that have been removed from the original hosting websites.  At least, so far that's what I am finding.  This means that the websites where the songs come from will likely need to be re-indexed.  Any song that falls under this category (can't see chordpro, click link to see where original song is hosted and it appears to be a broken link, page won't load, etc) - would have done the EXACT same thing prior to the changes. 

If you can provide some specifics regarding what searches you're trying and how they don't work, where you're seeing broken links, what pages you can't see Chordpro on, how specifically your iPad is not working, etc... that would really help a LOT. 

There were a handful of people beta-testing the website before it went live.  Obviously, the full membership will find a lot more bugs than the handful of us ever could... plus, some of these issues would not show up until the site really was live.  So, we appreciate the help of the entire Chordie membership to chip in and help find and report specific bugs to make the site better.  Even the moderation team is made up of volunteers.  smile  THANKS!

Love the new format!  Bright, easy to read, (especially for 50 year old eyes!).  At first I thought "Oh no, where's Chordie?"  What a nice surprise.  Thanks to all who work on the site for our enjoyment!

Do what's right. If you have to think about it, it's probably wrong.

Thanks for the feedback Kodiak. I have the same "50 year old eyes" and yes, the board is now bright, clear and crisp now.

Stop into the forum and join us a little more often. There are quite a few of us 50 somethings in here. smile

Who did you had to change a perfectly good page?chordie was so much better before.now it's so much harder to use.kindly regards Geir ove from norway.

I`m liking the new format,,,   been here for a while,,,   change is good,,,    Dylan was right,,,   times are a changing ,,,,   js   ..

badeye       cool

one caper after another

badeye wrote:

I`m liking the new format,,,   been here for a while,,,   change is good,,,    Dylan was right,,,   times are a changing ,,,,   js   ..

badeye       cool

Right on badeye!  I'm 66 years old and sometimes change can be hard to handle. I'm no computer whiz and my fear was that I would get lost, but it's all good.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

we need a LIKE button....

badeye                             cool

one caper after another

http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_4020.gif http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_3266.gif http://www.desismileys.com/smileys/desismileys_3267.gif

Thanks for all feedback. Both positive and negative feedback will help to make the site better.

A lot of bugs have been fixed the last days. Most important is it that chord-pro-mode, font-scaling and printing now works. I am still in a "bug-fixing-mode", and really need you all to report any bugs/inaccuracies that you experience.

Hi,
I have really enjoyed using Chordie over the last several years but the new format has me befuddled. The print and.  grid options (side, bottom or no grid} appear to be nonexistent.  Also, where the chords are inserted within a lyric word; the chord appears above as it should, but there is a large gap in the word. These are the only problems I have detected so far but I haven't been able to do much with it. I hate to play the geezer card but at 71 I'm not much of a techno-cat. Hope I have this in the right place.
Thank you. Wayne

Wayne

Trust me Wayne - the good people of Chordie will figure it out.
I too was frustrated at first - and everyone - especially us older guys (and gals too I suppose) are a little slow to jump on the "change bandwagon". But I have started to get used to it - you just have to jump in - get those feet in the pond- and try some new stuff.  It hasn't always worked/ but the mods and Per will address anything you send them.  Like it says all over - Keep Calm and carry on !  I hope it all works out for you and you continue to enjoy Chordie and all the good people around the globe that participate and interact.  It's a really good family of friends!

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

gander1 wrote:

Hi,
I have really enjoyed using Chordie over the last several years but the new format has me befuddled. The print and.  grid options (side, bottom or no grid} appear to be nonexistent.  Also, where the chords are inserted within a lyric word; the chord appears above as it should, but there is a large gap in the word. These are the only problems I have detected so far but I haven't been able to do much with it. I hate to play the geezer card but at 71 I'm not much of a techno-cat. Hope I have this in the right place.
Thank you. Wayne

I am still finding things also it is taking time.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:
gander1 wrote:

Hi,
Thank you. Wayne

I am still finding things also it is taking time.

Yep. That's what I've been doing.

"Ya just gotta poke around".

Wow!!!  This was a big surprise.  Kudos to those who worked it out.  As with change, you will have those who like it and those who don't.  I haven't quite made up my mind yet.  Let me see if I can blow a fuse.  big_smile 

Thank you admin and mods for your hard work.  LD

Picking away at life, one tune at a time.