1 (edited by Peatle Jville 2016-02-17 00:15:28)

Topic: Now Is Only Once.

Greetings.
Here is a poem I wrote which I can't get to work as a song with my voice and style of putting a song together. I would  love to hear it done as a song by someone..

Now Is Only Once.
Walking around the supermarket.
Before you head out to the check out of life.
Desciding what's good what's right.
Knowing what the price is.
Little voices
Yelling at you.
Now is only once.
Now is only once.
Now is only once.
Seen what's available on the shelves of life.
Venturing down differant aisles.
Trying to find what fits your budget.
Seen what  you can and can't have.
When you reach the check out.
Youll have to account for what your done.
As the voice yells now is only once.
Now is only once.
Now is only once.
Shall I take it or shall I not.
Is that good for me or should I leave it behind.
Can I afford to pay the price.
Walking around the supermarket of life.
When you reach the check out of life.
What's out-side.
Whats left behind you can't go back for.
As the voice calls .
Now is only once.
Now is only once.
Now is only once.
Now is only once.

Re: Now Is Only Once.

C`mon Peatle
I know you can do something with this poem.
Maybe talk the words sing the chorus?

The King Of Audio Torture

3 (edited by bluejeep 2016-02-14 01:21:16)

Peatle, I enjoyed your poem.  I have kept a notebook of thoughts that I've put to paper over the years and your poem brought to mind something I wrote many years ago while enjoying the setting sun from a mountain ridge - "But even now,  my song laments,  I only regret,  the things I have'nt done once".  Thank you for reminding me.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

4 (edited by Peatle Jville 2016-02-16 20:56:03)

I have always  liked the way some artists like Joe Cocker for instance have taken someone elses song or lyrics, then turn them into something of thier own. I have tunes in my head none seemed to deliver what I want with these words I have writen above. Some of my  better  thoughts on life leading me to what I want to do have come to me while watching the setting sun. Thank you  Easy beat and Bluejeep for your thoughts.

hey pete, i posted on here a few days ago but it seems it hasn't taken or something....i guess it's the new format or something? thing is, i added some chords and a suggestion on how you might play it and the darn thing has left my mind completely! it's that age thing again...

Walking around the supermarket.
Before you head out to the checkout of life.
Deciding what's good what's right.
Knowing what the price is.
Little voices
Yelling at you now is only once.
Now is only once.

i think i found that the rhythm suggested a 3/4 waltz time, and if you notice the changes i've made? it will make it easier to sing.

please don't think i'm bullying you into doing it "my way" i'm just offering a little help. if you like it please use it, if not scrap it, i'm no tim rice and i don't know everything.

good luck, like the theme and the way you've written it.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

6 (edited by Peatle Jville 2016-02-17 00:07:00)

Thank you, Phill.  Man  you are a wonderful musician and your contribution is EXCELLENT.  This is what chordie is about to me, people offering up thoughts and sugestions. I like being critiqued as it opens up more possibilities. What you add is very constructive. Iron sharpens Iron as they say. I will put a quick rough recording up on soundcloud not very good but maybe enough to get someone else to have a go at making thier own version to put out into the world..
Cheers Pete

Hey Phill
Great that you gave a critique,like Peatle says i thought that is what Chordie was about.
It doesn`t happen much here but it should,if you were sitting jamming with someone
you would not hesitate to throw around ideas & opinions.
thanks,i know Peatle really struggled with this one.

The King Of Audio Torture

I would like  say a big thank you to Kiki Jan for putting up this poem as a beautiful song on soundcloud. I hope people who follow chordie will take the time to give it a listen.

Your welcome Peatle, i enjoyed the challenge, thanks for giving me the opportunity smile

Laugh Lots ... Forgive Much ...  Love one another     smile
Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

Peatle / Jandle ... I'd love to hear it. Would you post a link to where it is on SoundCloud?  Thanks kindly!

Hi Tenement Funster ...... there you go smile     https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan/now-is-only-oncemp3

Covers and some Originals found over there    ------- >    https://soundcloud.com/ukulelejan

12 (edited by Tenement Funster 2016-03-03 19:59:04)

Wow ... and I'll say it again backwards ... WOW!!! A great song and brilliantly performed.

http://reactionimage.org/img/gallery/336437537.gif

WOW, T F said it bacwards so I'll say it upside down. MOM, the lyrics are very thought provoking,  especially to an old codger like myself, but the performance.  Don't change a thing, Jan I just love that raw, unpolished sound. I think it's great

Thick as two short planks

Hi Tenement Funster,  thank you  for the great feedback and so glad you liked it .......I love the minions............cant beat an audience like them smile

Hi keepitreal,  thanks so much as well for you feedback and yes i agree, Peatle often writes thought provoking songs, so it an honour to have a go at it.  Thank you for the feedback about my performance too smile