Topic: New look

Wow it has been a while since i have been here. A lot has changed, a complete new look and i like it. I need to look around a little more but so far so good!

Re: New look

Stop by a little more often and have a chat with us. smile

Hey hey!  smile  Haven't seen ya in a while!  Everything just changed a few days ago, so you're not totally out of the loop!  We'll make sure the Admin hear's the good feedback!  Let us know if you see anything off as well.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Wow!!

What a change.  This is brilliant.  songs/artists easy to find.  Professional looking.  Great job Chordie :-)

I was looking up songs last night,, 50% of what I  looked up had almost everything removed. Honestly I got so fed up I went to Ultimate Guitar to find what I was looking for.  Aside from the forum I am not happy at all with the changes. songs missing words and chord or tab, Post missing edit  key,   honestly, if the songs you want show up with just 2 lines what good is it?  Some songs have it all some don't, I looked through a whole artist, almost all songs have 2 lines and some silly statement about chordie being a whatever server.    this time around UG is better for finding stuff.   As I said, NOT THRILLED AT ALL.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

beamer wrote:

I was looking up songs last night,, 50% of what I  looked up had almost everything removed. Honestly I got so fed up I went to Ultimate Guitar to find what I was looking for.  Aside from the forum I am not happy at all with the changes. songs missing words and chord or tab, Post missing edit  key,   honestly, if the songs you want show up with just 2 lines what good is it?  Some songs have it all some don't, I looked through a whole artist, almost all songs have 2 lines and some silly statement about chordie being a whatever server.    this time around UG is better for finding stuff.   As I said, NOT THRILLED AT ALL.

Hey Scott!  It's good to hear honest feedback, so thanks for that.  As I think you know, the songs found "on Chordie" are not actually located "on Chordie's servers" - so it's entirely possible that the original location of the songs that you're finding simply do not have all the information in them (and therefore, all the information won't be here to view on Chordie OR on the website that the information is being pulled from).  It's kind of a tricky thing, and no one at Chordie can make the other website's information appear if it's not there. 

Can you provide some examples so we can look into it further?  It may simply be that those pages Chordie's getting the info from need to be removed, and replaced with information obtained from different, better, more complete locations instead.  It's possible it could be a coding issue on Chordie though.  Either way, it's difficult to fix it if there's no example of what needs to be fixed.  sad 

As for the forums - the edit button shouldn't be missing. It was for a short time, but it's been back for days now.  If you still can't see it, you probably need to clear your browser's cache to ensure you're seeing everything, and not an old version of the page that your computer has saved.  I've explained in a few different threads how to do this, but if you need help, let me know and I'll post it again.  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I have a few issues with the new look, most of which have already been discussed, and I feel sure will eventually be resolved. On the positive side. When visiting chordie on my mobile, adverts no longer cover half the page.

Thick as two short planks

I'm a beginning player (five years) and I really like the new look. I have always liked the fact that I can edit songs to my liking. Once I've finished the edit I then copy and paste into MS word for printing and practice. I don't seem to be able to print things as they appear. As a beginner I need to have the cords print above the lyric line and this no longer seems to work that way. Please fix this issue or let me know if there is another way. Please Please Please.