Topic: George Martin

George died today he was the 5th Beatle R.I.P. George.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: George Martin

Yes  - major contributor to great music.

I was angry at CNN however when the posted that he was " a major part of the BEETLES"

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

dino48 wrote:

Are you sure you don't have him mixed up with George Harrison?  George Martin was their promoter/producer and arranged some of their music.  Still significant in the Beatles' career, but not really the "5th Beatle"...... more like the silent 6th.  smile

"what is this quintessence of dust?"  - Shakespeare

RIP George. FYI, he didn't promote just produce, and as the Beatles themselves would say he arranged and guided them into hits and standards.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

5 (edited by dino48 2016-03-11 02:09:32)

Doug_Smith wrote:
dino48 wrote:

Are you sure you don't have him mixed up with George Harrison?  George Martin was their promoter/producer and arranged some of their music.  Still significant in the Beatles' career, but not really the "5th Beatle"...... more like the silent 6th.  smile

George Harrison died about  20001 I think. The press called him the 5th Beatle but they also call the keyboard player Bill Preston and some others. George Harrison died from a brain tumor I belive.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

This from Paul McCartney upon hearing of George Martin's death.....

I’m so sad to hear the news of the passing of dear George Martin. I have so many wonderful memories of this great man that will be with me forever. He was a true gentleman and like a second father to me. He guided the career of The Beatles with such skill and good humour that he became a true friend to me and my family. If anyone earned the title of the fifth Beatle it was George. From the day that he gave The Beatles our first recording contract, to the last time I saw him, he was the most generous, intelligent and musical person I’ve ever had the pleasure to know.

Pretty much settles the issue.

Love the Beatles !!

Jim

Your vision is not limited by what your eye can see, but what your mind can imagine.
Make your life count, and the world will be a better place because you tried.

"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except only the the best." - Henry Van Dyke

RIP George Martin.
He always came across when interviewed as a really nice man..
He certainly had a great influence on the Beatles in the early days.